Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: cool electric at Yarnell Place  (Read 408 times)
Walkerman
Gold Member

Ignore
« on: February 01, 2018, 05:51:45 PM »

Saw another nice electric at Yarnell Place today.  A butterscotch blackguard with JCL pickup in body and Seymore Duncan mini hummer in the neck spot.  Too bad for me it is left handed

tulk1

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2018, 07:17:02 PM »

I glad to see they're finishing the extras they had lying around after they discontinued the electrics. It's how I got my Lancaster. Looks like that one is going to have a mini-hum in the neck. Nice!!
Uh ... I count 5 scratch plate screws. Am I just not seeing a couple of them?

Kenny

Quote: "You know, all things considered, we are very, very lucky to have all that we do, an embarrassment of riches, actually."
ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2018, 07:27:47 PM »

Never stopped a guy named Hendrix. Turn it around.  whistling
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2018, 08:58:05 PM »

Uh ... I count 5 scratch plate screws. Am I just not seeing a couple of them?

Teles originally had 5 screws in the guard - later 8. (Strats started with 8 and went to 11.)

All guitars are left-handed:
1979 L-19  |  1992 OM-05  |  2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue  |  2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak  |  2016 L-05 Custom
tulk1

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2018, 09:57:13 PM »

Teles originally had 5 screws in the guard - later 8. (Strats started with 8 and went to 11.)
I did not know that. Truth, I probably never really cared until I got the Bakersfield (which does only have 5). I sold every Tele(ish) I bought until I got that one. BTW, my Lancaster has 12 screws.

Kenny

Quote: "You know, all things considered, we are very, very lucky to have all that we do, an embarrassment of riches, actually."
Walkerman
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2018, 11:59:12 PM »

I did not know that. Truth, I probably never really cared until I got the Bakersfield (which does only have 5). I sold every Tele(ish) I bought until I got that one. BTW, my Lancaster has 12 screws.

If you remember the tease Matthew put up when they were first going to make them, he said they cast their pickguards from an original blackguard.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: