Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Balancing Anthem pup?  (Read 436 times)
Pathfinder

Ignore
« on: March 04, 2018, 10:01:15 PM »

Ok
I thought I should try to do the mix of the anthem pup. My mistake.
So I am having a hard time getting a screwdriver in there? I have all sorts of smal to tiny screwdrivers but to get straight on it is, well, very difficult. I did turn it but to be honest I wish I new where it was from the factory because I now have lots of unwanted bass because of my dumb turns.

Any suggestions? A nice right angle jewlers tool would be nice, don't have one of those.
Thanks and sorry for all these posts as a newb, (to Larrivee and acoustics, not guitars in general) But I have been excited since I got ot last week and want things to be good. I am running it thru studio monitors so I get a clean tone, no problem there.
Anyone?

I would be fine just getting to a neutral position if I knew where that was. Hard to turn for an old geezer with the Big A. Thanks
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2018, 05:12:08 AM »

I'm guessing you don't have the tool that came with it.If you can get the screw to turn and I know this is a pain in the butt,this is what I do lay it on a flat surface{mines my bench}with the control out of the guitar{this is the pain in the butt part}make an "E" or an "A" chord strum the guitar then go one direction this will tell you which way to go next.Keep turning until you get the tone you want.I work by myself so if you have a friend its easier.If I can be of any help PM me.

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
Pathfinder

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2018, 09:31:11 PM »

I'm guessing you don't have the tool that came with it.If you can get the screw to turn and I know this is a pain in the butt,this is what I do lay it on a flat surface{mines my bench}with the control out of the guitar{this is the pain in the butt part}make an "E" or an "A" chord strum the guitar then go one direction this will tell you which way to go next.Keep turning until you get the tone you want.I work by myself so if you have a friend its easier.If I can be of any help PM me.

Thanks Rob I'll give that a shot. Yeah, no tool. didn't know there was a tool. I got the case locks, the paperwork, reg, etc and the Truss Rod wrench.

I have emailed LR Baggs asking if I can have (or buy) the tool since I never got it and it did seriously raise the price of the guitar. So I did pay for the pickup. Guitar is new. we'll see. I imagine they will at least let me buy it. I have been trying to make something...Italian rigging :-)
Scrambler17

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2018, 10:00:35 PM »

Here are some basic instructions

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5772af1029687f3cdf68994e/t/583cd15737c5810ef26d7278/1480380760417/lr-baggs-anthem-user-guide.pdf

L-03WL (A Hunt for Spruce) with K&K Pure Mini
RS2 with humbuckers
Pathfinder

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2018, 11:05:06 PM »

Thanks Scrambler..........
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2018, 03:11:03 AM »

If you bought the guitar new, you should have received the tool with it. The Emerald X-20 I just got had the tool in the case compartment: you might double-check in yours to see if it's in there. It looks like a long toothpick - doesn't look like a screwdriver at all. Could have gotten stuck down in the crease of the compartment, so double-check.

All guitars are left-handed:
1979 L-19  |  1992 OM-05  |  2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue  |  2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak  |  2016 L-05 Custom
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2018, 03:56:15 AM »

If you can't get one email me I an extra.No charge,just pm me a shipping address.

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
Pathfinder

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2018, 10:56:41 PM »

If you can't get one email me I an extra.No charge,just pm me a shipping address.

Just saw this rob,

Larrivee is sendig me one, it shipped today (no Charge)

But thanks very much for such a nice offer....
Frank (aka Pathfinder)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: