Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sound hole pick-up for occasional Amplification  (Read 795 times)
CycleBob

Ignore
« on: January 31, 2018, 04:39:55 PM »

I Have 6 giutars. 3  Acoustic Electrics , 3 straight accoustics. Every once in a while I have an opportunity or want/urge to be able to plug in 1 of my Acoustics for a song or 2. I don't really want to install  another LR Baggs or simular pick-up. Would like to be abe to remove it and use it on a different Acoustic when needed. I've looked at the Seymour Duncan "Woody" and a couple others simular to this one. Any Suggestions or thoughts? (I have checked the site and only found posts about a more permanant pick-up) Thanks!

Larrivee D03E
Larrivee OM-03MT
Martin D15M
Seagull S12 Plus
George
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2018, 05:31:25 PM »

The Seymour Duncan "Acoustic Tube" is the very best and most realistic sounding soundhole pickup I have ever used and I have tested/own a bunch of different ones...  This pickup is very easy to install/remove without loosening/removing the strings, which is more difficult with some of the other designs. Reasonably priced too.  I never had much luck getting good sound out of any of the wooden ones...

George
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2018, 06:38:16 PM »

Baggs M1 or M1 active.

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2018, 09:03:58 PM »

A newer option is the iRig, which simply attaches to the soundhole. I have one and it works pretty well, but you do have to deal with the wire running from the guitar, and also have to clip the receiver pack either on your strap or belt/pocket.

iRig Acoustic Stage

I've also used this on my ukulele live and it works great (it has settings for both steel and nylon strings).

All guitars are left-handed:
1979 L-19  |  1992 OM-05  |  2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue  |  2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak  |  2016 L-05 Custom
skyline

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2018, 02:40:20 PM »

A newer option is the iRig, which simply attaches to the soundhole. I have one and it works pretty well, but you do have to deal with the wire running from the guitar, and also have to clip the receiver pack either on your strap or belt/pocket.

iRig Acoustic Stage

I've also used this on my ukulele live and it works great (it has settings for both steel and nylon strings).

I use the original iRig Acoustic lot for quick recordings into devices.

The iRig Acoustic Stage is better suited to live and will plug into anything. They’re very natural sounding and a breeze to move between instruments.

They also sound great on acousitc bass and baritone, and they fit into pretty much any sound-hole
eded
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2018, 10:52:24 PM »

The only soundhole pickup that was ever worth a da** to my ear has been a D’armond  260.

Ed
L07 Shooting Star
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2018, 11:15:24 PM »

The Seymour Duncan "Acoustic Tube" is the very best and most realistic sounding soundhole pickup I have ever used and I have tested/own a bunch of different ones...  This pickup is very easy to install/remove without loosening/removing the strings, which is more difficult with some of the other designs. Reasonably priced too.  I never had much luck getting good sound out of any of the wooden ones...

I second that choice.  I have touted it on the forum many times.  I have 2 of them.  They may have been discontinued.  If you can find one, get it.

"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: