Neck Bracing by Soundhole

Started by tulk1, January 30, 2018, 01:04:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Normally, when my guitars are playing well, sound good and all that I don't go poking around. I take them as is. For some reason, tho', I found myself looking the bracing just inside the soundhole underneath the neck on my new LV-03RE. It appears to be lopsided. I checked on my L-03E and it's symmetrical. Wonder if it's supposed to be this way due to the cutaway? Or .... what? Here's a pic.

Kenny

Quote: "You know, all things considered, we are very, very lucky to have all that we do, an embarrassment of riches, actually."

That's how Larrivee does the brace on the cutaway models.

Here are a couple pics of my C-10:

2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Hey Mikey,

Good deal!! Wondered if it might be due to the cutaway. Thanks for confirming.
Kenny

Quote: "You know, all things considered, we are very, very lucky to have all that we do, an embarrassment of riches, actually."

My 2017 LV-10 50th Anniversary...

1977 Classical
2015 OO-40
2017 LV-10 50th Annniversary #2/50
2021 LSV-03 Forum VI
2023 Hatfield BJG Strong Tenor low G Ukulele #003

Mine is a 50th Anni LV-03RE. I'm kind jealous that mine doesn't have the stamp and logo on the neck block like yours, Mark.  :?
Kenny

Quote from: tulk1 on January 30, 2018, 05:34:48 PM
Mine is a 50th Anni LV-03RE. I'm kind jealous that mine doesn't have the stamp and logo on the neck block like yours, Mark.  :?

Yours looks like a cedar top - is it?
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Quote from: Mikeymac on January 30, 2018, 10:21:26 PM
Yours looks like a cedar top - is it?
Yes. It is. My first cedar top acoustic. And rosewood body. It really is a bit darker, warmer than my L-03E Sitka/'hog.
Kenny

Yeah but I paid a premium for that.   :winkin:

1977 Classical
2015 OO-40
2021 LSV-03 Forum VI

odd, it should. we did 51 of these and i made every headblock. i cant imagine jcl putting one out there without that info on the HB. in fact we didn't

Quote from: dlsteel on February 01, 2018, 08:21:43 AM
odd, it should. we did 51 of these and i made every headblock. i cant imagine jcl putting one out there without that info on the HB. in fact we didn't

Dan, I believe this was an LV-03 not and LV-10.  Wouldn't that make a difference?
George

Oh yeah, mine is not quite in the class of Mark's LV-10! Mine is just a lowly LV-03RE.  :wink: That LV-10 is spectacular in the bling.  :drool: Wow.

Here's some body pics of the cedar top LV-03RE.

Kenny

I just Love cedar tops!   :nice guitar:
George

Quote from: George on February 01, 2018, 09:29:44 AM
I just Love cedar tops!   :nice guitar:
It's my first cedar top acoustic. Diggin' it pretty much. I'd like to find a cedar top Parlor to go with it. But ...... that's a long shot.
Kenny

tulk1,

There is nothing "lowly" about your LV-03RE. I am constantly debating if I should get an LV-03 R (no E for me thanks) just so I don't wear out the LV-10 I play it so much.

Is your headblock completely blank?  That would certainly not be normal.  Post a photo of it. It should also have the JCL Logo? My 2014 L-03 has the logo, model, and the serial #:

1977 Classical
2015 OO-40
2021 LSV-03 Forum VI

It's not completely blank. It has the model and S/N. Took me a bit to get a decent pic.

I did get a cool headstock. It has maple inlays.

And a signed label.
Kenny

Ah! That's a Vancouver made guitar.  Larrivee lists the last year of production in Vancouver at 2013.

I don't think it's a 50th Anniversary model.  :winkin:
1977 Classical
2015 OO-40
2021 LSV-03 Forum VI

Quote from: markj on February 01, 2018, 03:19:41 PM
Ah! That's a Vancouver made guitar.  Larrivee lists the last year of production in Vancouver at 2013.

I don't think it's a 50th Anniversary model.  :winkin:
Yeah, I think you're right. Dang it. Looking back at the ad, it doesn't really say 50th Anni models. Just 50th Anni Sale Pricing. Think I got pulled into the hype. Hmmm .. oh well. It's still a great guitar, a bit different with the headstock inlay. And, it came stock with the arch top case. I'm happy. Even tho' it isn't a 50th. But hey, it's made in Canada, like my L-03!
Kenny

It's an awesome guitar. I saw that sale and was tempted.   :cheers
1977 Classical
2015 OO-40
2021 LSV-03 Forum VI

Quote from: tulk1 on January 30, 2018, 01:04:33 PM
Normally, when my guitars are playing well, sound good and all that I don't go poking around. I take them as is. For some reason, tho', I found myself looking the bracing just inside the soundhole underneath the neck on my new LV-03RE. It appears to be lopsided. I checked on my L-03E and it's symmetrical. Wonder if it's supposed to be this way due to the cutaway? Or .... what? Here's a pic.

Looks like you picked up a nos 2013 guitar?

Same for us, I was surprised when I checked the serial number of Marcia's new D-04, it was constructed almost 5 years earlier. The guitar is perfect and we are happy with it. Makes one wonder if ours sat in a back room room forgotten, or came from another store that did not get a lot of traffic.  Ours is a lefty.

Quote from: Casey86 on February 04, 2018, 11:33:01 AM
Looks like you picked up a nos 2013 guitar?

Same for us, I was surprised when I checked the serial number of Marcia's new D-04, it was constructed almost 5 years earlier. The guitar is perfect and we are happy with it. Makes one wonder if ours sat in a back room room forgotten, or came from another store that did not get a lot of traffic.  Ours is a lefty.
Mine is a Wildwoods custom order. Where'd you get yours? And yeah, I was quite surprised by the date. It was definitely "new" as in never sold. Like you and yours, I'm quite happy with it. Got a pic of the D-04?
Kenny