Larrivee RS-4

Started by guitargeorge, January 27, 2018, 04:31:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hello Larrivee fans, I've owned 3 acoustics, since 2000 but never an electric...but shopping around GAS set in and I found a few Larrivee electrics for sale, but I can't buy them all!  Whats a good price for an RS-4? Since so few are for sale I figure the owners like them.  NGD probably soon! :donut :donut :donut

Not only do the owners like them, they are a discontinued model series...
George

Yes, so what's a good price George?  I've seem them between 1,000.00 and 2,000.00.  I assume $1,000.00 is a good price. I'm limited by the weight; I'd need a light one (back injury) and most I've seen are over 8 pounds. I already trust the quality of a Larrivee build.

I can say that I paid much more than a $1,000 for my greater than a bakers-dozen Larrivées' and now as indicated above they've been discontinued. I can also say I own great Gibsons and Fenders costing thousands more than I paid for the Larrivées' but should my house catch fire and I could only grab an armload I'd be heading to the Larrivée side of my stable.

Good Luck on your pursuit as I don't see them for sale often anymore.  :cheers
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

One particularly clean RS-4 P-90 Vintage Cherry Burst on Reverb.

When you're concerned about the weight then maybe a rs2 is better for you.
We are happy to find a rs4 in Europe for 3000$. The prices in Europe are much higher for Larrivéeguitars then in the US.
Fender Artisan customshop Tamo ash Stratocaster
Fender Artisan customshop Rosewood Telecaster
Olav Loef 00 'Dav L'. 2018
Olav Loef slopeshoulder 'Charlien' 2019
Olav Loef OM/D 8 string 'Otto' 2018
B&G Little Sister lemonburst P90 2015

Try Music World in Thunder Bay. Last time I looked, Cosmo still had a couple of Lollar equipped original ones. He's had them for a while but the store does so well, being the only one left in town, he doesn't drop his prices much. Worth asking though. Great store, by the way.

http://musicworldacademy.com/store/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=larrivee+RS+4&search_in_description=1&x=5&y=9

Quote from: guitargeorge on January 27, 2018, 06:19:14 PM
Yes, so what's a good price George?  I've seem them between 1,000.00 and 2,000.00.  I assume $1,000.00 is a good price. I'm limited by the weight; I'd need a light one (back injury) and most I've seen are over 8 pounds. I already trust the quality of a Larrivee build.

PM sent.
George