cheap Martin for considertion

Started by headsup, January 24, 2018, 10:48:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

"Senior" member means "old" right?
Like over 50?

Too many guitars to list here.
Too few brain cells to be bothered with...

Overdone for my taste but Harv certainly never fails to impress.

And I wouldn't give them anything for that Brazilian Rosewood...it's wood that no one would have used in the days of BZR guitar building - it would have been rejected.

I don't get the attraction of guitars like this, and Martin's new D-45 Fire & Ice, or their 2 millionth Martin, which is a mess of bling!

:rolleye:
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Quote from: Mikeymac on January 25, 2018, 11:47:30 AMI don't get the attraction of guitars like this, and Martin's new D-45 Fire & Ice
:rolleye:

Yoikes.

I thought the phoenix and dragon were supposed to be in balance, not in battle. Sometimes these companies are just throwin' stuff at the wall . . .

This is actually a really nice looking guitar but too over the top for my taste too and I am sure someone will buy it.

My great uncle was a high school art teacher and he used to make custom jewelry on the side and almost 100% of his sales were by referral or word of mouth. He always said "If they have the money, I have the time." I guess that same adage applies here too.

Quote from: teh on January 31, 2018, 08:01:29 PM
This is actually a really nice looking guitar but too over the top for my taste too and I am sure someone will buy it.

My great uncle was a high school art teacher and he used to make custom jewelry on the side and almost 100% of his sales were by referral or word of mouth. He always said "If they have the money, I have the time." I guess that same adage applies here too.

TEH,

This is off topic, but you need to start another thread and post pics of your three Martins with 3-piece backs! I especially want to see the custom, but want to see the 35's tops, too! Thanks!

Interesting in the description ...zero mention of how it sounds or plays.

Fugly and ridiculously over priced but other than that ...   :wacko:

When you click on that link, at the bottom of the screen, there are many other equally tarted up guitars, many of which would be fun wall hangers.  There's a $40k Gibson painted up like a nice tablecloth.  It's nice to see people dreaming. (Id hate to think they're cynically fishing for suckers.)
Bob

Northwood
Noname Italian classical 1969
Hashimoto classical 1963
Conde Hermanos (3)
Martin nylon backpacker
Blueridge 341
sadly sold: Larrivee Forum III

Yikes!  For that much money and something that was that over-the-top gaudy, it had better do my laundry, make coffee, clean my house, and mow the lawn!  I'm sorry, but that's just ugly and tasteless to me.
2010 LSV-11e
2002 4E Jose Ramirez
1998 S6+folk Seagull
1986 Charvel Model 3A
2001 Fender Jazz bass
1935 A-OO Gibson mandolin
1815 JG Hamm violin

I love taseless nd tacky things,like an ugly tasteless shirt. :roll
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Quote from: Barefoot Rob on February 03, 2018, 10:05:03 AM
I love taseless nd tacky things,like an ugly tasteless shirt. :roll

Well, Florida IS the state where you see lots of ugly tasteless shirts... all those old retired guys can't help themselves!   :roll