Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What guitars did you buy and/or sell in 2017 (Larrivee and others)?  (Read 3577 times)
prof_stack
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2018, 04:22:30 AM »

The archtop bug bit me last Fall, and in December I bought a used Godin Kingpin P90 from Guitar Center.  Wanting to learn to play some jazz stuff on traditional jazz guitars, I want to get into the game for not much money.  The Gibson Super 400 and L5 can wait.   

I had to wait 30 days since it was a trade-in and GC has a policy to hold it to make sure it wasn't stolen and traded in.  They also have a very generous 45-day return policy.

So, I picked it up today, and am getting used to flatwounds and a concentrated tone before I plug it in and learn about amplification.  I like the tone a lot, and the string action is very good.

Play it daily for best results.
bobsnuscruz

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2018, 04:39:21 AM »

Traded and Bought:

Traded my old Seagull Artist Parlor (14 fret spruce/mahogany) for a Blueridge 341 (12 fret wide neck spruce/mahogany).
Bought a used Northwood 00-80 (12 fret wide net, englemann/eir)

Couldn't be happier.

(Santa Cruz OM/PW and Taylor 512-M out on consignment right now, with many more to follow.)

Bob

Larrivee Forum III
Santa Cruz OM/PW
Taylor 512-M
Noname Aussie/Hanoi 0-40
Seagull, spruce (early, no model #)
2 classical, 2 flamenco
Martin nylon backpacker
Yippie

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2018, 03:10:17 AM »

Busy year for me. I bought a Martin 000-28EC (used), won a Yamaha NTX700 ... didn't like the feel of nylon strings so I traded it for a Yamaha LLX6A. Then traded the LLX6A for a Sigma DR-41. Its a new year and couple of guitars later but I still have the itch.

Larrivee D-04W VHS (Peruvian Walnut/Sitka)
Martin 000-28EC (EIR/Sitka)
Gibson J-45 Custom (EIR/Sitka)
divertis

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2018, 08:07:55 PM »

I am clearly going to sleep with the dog soon, unless I start selling some stuff. I got end of last year a 2002-2003 Gibson SG, moon inlays, and in January this year a pretty amazing all solid wood electro-acoustic made in Czech Republic, named Furch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Strings4Him
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: February 18, 2018, 01:31:24 AM »

I am clearly going to sleep with the dog soon, unless I start selling some stuff. I got end of last year a 2002-2003 Gibson SG, moon inlays, and in January this year a pretty amazing all solid wood electro-acoustic made in Czech Republic, named Furch.

Which Furch did you get?  These are phenomenal guitars.
gidget

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2018, 03:12:03 AM »

I bought my first big guitar (a 2012 Larrivee D02) in a great store in South Korea. I had a Yamaha F310 before that that I started learning on. Tried lots of other guitars because my budget was 1/2 of what I actually spent but the D02 was the only one that spoke to me.

I'm heading home in a couple of months and I have the joy of flying it back in cargo on a 20 hour flight with 1 transfer.

divertis

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: February 18, 2018, 06:59:16 PM »

@Strings4Him: It is Furch D19 CM CE, kind of an entry level of their guitars, but what a craftsmanship!
CM CE -> Cedar (top) Mahogany (body) Cutaway Electronics

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: