Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2001 Larrivee 00-10FM  (Read 772 times)
bozinsek

Ignore
« on: January 18, 2018, 08:22:18 PM »

Hello Everyone.

Brand new to this group and I know absolutely nothing about guitars.

I inherited a 2001 Larrivee 00-10FM guitar from my grandfather who recently passed.  I know he thought the world of this guitar.

Can anyone help me with a value or steer me in the direction of a buyer? 
It does have a really nice hardcase and the original paperwork with it.

Thanks for your help.
broKen
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2018, 09:04:31 PM »

Hello. I shall refrain from offering my thoughts on your question for I may be interested in it. Where are you? Thanks

There is a for sale section here too.

A Hebrew, under the Spell
Pain is a good thing
The cost of living is...life
JOYCEfromNS
Admin

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2018, 11:21:33 PM »

$1250 to $1500 give or take $100 would be my range depending on how fast you want to rid of it

Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)
B0WIE
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2018, 12:24:37 AM »

$1250 to $1500 give or take $100 would be my range depending on how fast you want to rid of it
^This is correct. I'd shoot for the high side of that, maybe even $1,600 (depending on condition) because it uses a special back wood and has the elaborate headstock inlay. I don't think they did as many high end models in the 00 size so there should be a market for it, now that the 00 size is popular.
Too bad you don't play as this is a special piece that's "worth" much more than it'll sell for.

D-09 Brazilian w/ Eagle inlay. D-02-12
Used to own and love; SD-50, J70 maple Mermaid, SD60sbt, D03R, LV03E.
bozinsek

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2018, 02:35:37 AM »

Thanks to everyone for the quick replies. 

I'm a carpenter by trade and it comes naturally to be able to spot a thing of beauty.  It is unfortunate that I can't "hum" a tune, more less "strum" one. 

I guess I'll be offering it up here soon, as this seems to be the go to place for all things Larrivee.

Thanks Again for all the knowledgeable help.
bozinsek

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2018, 02:37:02 AM »

Hello. I shall refrain from offering my thoughts on your question for I may be interested in it. Where are you? Thanks

There is a for sale section here too.

I am in Southwest Missouri near Branson.
markj

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2018, 06:01:11 AM »

Welcome to the forum!  

That sure is a beautiful guitar.

Posting some additional photos such as close ups of the break angle of the strings at the bridge, the inlay work, string height, even measuring the string height at the 12th fret, will all be helpful to potential buyers.

It looks very tempting...   drool
dlsteel

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2018, 03:14:10 PM »

that is a rare larrivee. it was made in Canada im guessing by the color of the saddle. Flamed maple back & sides. beautifully ages spruce top. abalone everywhere
the inlay on top i have not seen, which means nothing but very cool. JCL don't make too many of these, so be careful, don't price it too low.
As long as its in mint condish all is good. beautiful guitar
Walkerman
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2018, 11:53:45 PM »

‘If it is from your grandpa, keep and learn to play.  Best way to honor him.  He obviously wanted you to have the guitar and not the cash.  Nice story though.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: