Forum III ; #34 Italian/Mahogany - SOLD

Started by AZLiberty, January 16, 2018, 08:49:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Down the road I may regret this, but we have six Larrivees in the house and I never play the Forum III.

I play my OM-03R ten times as often, I play my Parlor at least a hundred times as often.  I've decided I am really not a fan of Italian spruce, sounds too much like Adirondack for my taste.  Too much punch and clarity.

$1000

Trade straight across for a Forum IV if anyone wanted to do so.  Would also be interested in an OM-40W (pre-October)

Otherwise I'm using the funds towards a Halcyon.

Previous owner swapped out the tuners to Gotoh 510s.  Cosmo black with ivoroid buttons.  
Previous owner also added a strap button at the heel on the treble side  (IMHO the correct location)
Clear pickguard.  Tort guard and TR wrench included of course.  Pics show boxwood pins but I have swapped the originals back in.

If I had the bux, I'd give this a go.

Ed

I have one, and love it.  Good sound, nice neck, great set up, subtle appearance.  (I have a 1982 Seagull with the satin finish.  That finish held up to daily playing for 2o years before it started so show real wear,  I've become a believer in the satin finish.)  I think these are really good value; modestly priced, high performance.
Bob

Northwood
Noname Italian classical 1969
Hashimoto classical 1963
Conde Hermanos (3)
Martin nylon backpacker
Blueridge 341
sadly sold: Larrivee Forum III

What's the body type on the Forum III?
Kenny

Quote: "You know, all things considered, we are very, very lucky to have all that we do, an embarrassment of riches, actually."

Quote from: tulk1 on February 02, 2018, 09:15:10 AM
What's the body type on the Forum III?

Forum III is a 12 fret LS body (small L style)

I will be driving out to the SF Bay Area (San Jose/Milpitas)  for the weekend of March 24-25.

(going to go see Heather Dale, who is awesome, and who's lead guitarist plays a Larrivee LV-03R)

So if anyone in Central Cali or the Bay Area is on the fence on this one, I am willing to bring the Forum-III with me for a delivery.

I assume it has a 1 3/4 inch nut width?  There are many who love 12 fretters, including me, I cannot figure out why it has not already sold...
George

Still available.  Though I had a buyer but he ended up having to send money to the IRS instead.

Has this always been humidified? How old is it?

Quote from: bryb on September 25, 2018, 10:58:12 AM
Has this always been humidified? How old is it?

Been humidified since I owned it. (I'm the 2nd owner).  Fill the humidifiers ever other Sunday night.

The Forum-III guitars started shipping in March of 2009

Part of the reason it hasn't sold - it's not left-handed. If it were, I would have bought it immediately!  :arrow

:nice guitar:

:donut :coffee
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Quote from: Mikeymac on October 03, 2018, 10:46:11 AM
Part of the reason it hasn't sold - it's not left-handed. If it were, I would have bought it immediately!  :arrow

:nice guitar:

:donut :coffee

There's no pick guard and with symmetrical bracing it would be a fairly simple conversion to lefty..    just sayin.   new nut and re-slot the bridge and your good to go.    There were a fair number of lefties in the original 87 Forum III guitars..    Most of us who got one have been reluctant to give them up though

I was afraid someone would remind me of that... (cuz that's what I did with the '79 I got - converted it to lefty and I LOVE it!)

I'd just have to deal with the strap button being on the wrong side; have to do something about that hole...
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Quote from: Mikeymac on October 04, 2018, 09:33:08 AM
I was afraid someone would remind me of that... (cuz that's what I did with the '79 I got - converted it to lefty and I LOVE it!)

I'd just have to deal with the strap button being on the wrong side; have to do something about that hole...

Previous owner did that.  I tie my OM-03 at the headstock like Jean does.