Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dust In The Wind - Tutorial  (Read 706 times)
maplebaby

Ignore
« on: January 13, 2018, 04:08:18 AM »

https://youtu.be/JoZMi395dqU
markj

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2018, 05:35:02 PM »

Very cool! 

I will be spending some time with your video. I play it halfheartedly and not complete by any means. I have always wanted to play it correctly.

Thank you! 
maplebaby

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2018, 10:37:04 PM »

greatly appreciate you checking it out and hope you enjoy playing this one!
markj

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2018, 05:31:14 PM »

It's coming along nicely. The "pattern" took a couple of days of practice to lock in. That's going well and I just had that "magic" happen when things click for the chorus. I love that feeling. It's what got me addicted to music at a very early age.

So, I am now on to the fine details and trying to not sound robotic, sloppy, etc.  The musicality needs to be there with this piece for sure.

Your Taylor is gorgeous,  btw.    nice guitar
maplebaby

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2018, 12:13:35 PM »

i am thrilled your working this up...it is such a cool feeling when our hard practice produces the sound we wanted to begin with!  I hope you enjoy playing this one and i know others will enjoy hearing you play it!

Casey86

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2018, 10:33:57 PM »

Nicely done thanks.

2002 LV-03
2016 D40re
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2018, 01:46:59 AM »

Use to play it using Cookie Monster's voice changed the words some and called it crum's in the wind.

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
maplebaby

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2018, 03:50:31 PM »

perfect
markj

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2018, 03:19:08 AM »

So... yeah.  I decided to do a phone video to see where I am in this process. I have been meaning to do this for several weeks. I play this daily thanks to you. I had a couple of "creative adjustments" near the end timing wise, and some basic fretting issues, but overall, I am not displeased with this performance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEbKRoNeB48
maplebaby

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2018, 10:30:47 AM »

hello Mark...okay you made my day!  I just watched your video and loved it - inspiring!  I know that's a lot of work and you sound terrific.  Great tempo, i mean steady as a rock and that guitar - are you kidding!  How do you even play it for just wanting to look at it - a beautiful guitar and sounds so sweet.

thanks for sharing the video with us - keep pickin', your KY friend, dale.
mike in lytle

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2018, 02:37:32 PM »

Mark,
Seeing your video was a great way to start the day. I really enjoyed this and can appreciate the work going into it.
Your picking is very smooth, very nice to listen to and to watch.
But can you please back the camera up just a couple inches so we can see your hands more completely?
Your style is part of the performance.
Mike
markj

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2018, 05:59:41 PM »

Thank you Dale, and Mike!

My buddies and I are working on an acoustic trio version with vocals. I was the catalyst behind the effort. As soon as I could play it well enough, I showed the guys one night at practice. It instantly made the set list.  I will do a video or at least an audio recording of the trio once we get it done. We have not been meeting regularly for the past 2 months due to illness, scheduling conflicts. It's maddening when you are trying to get something like that together and life keeps getting in the way.

I will do that Mike. I really need to use a proper phone holder or get one of those Zoom Video recorders.  I had the phone just sitting on a wire music stand.
maplebaby

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2018, 01:40:15 PM »

i'm looking forward to that!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: