Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: L41 12 string 1984  (Read 289 times)

« on: January 06, 2018, 04:46:17 PM »

I have the L41 12 string which I bought in 1984. I would like to know more about it. I can't seem to find much about it at all on the Web.
I also have the L27 cutaway with the eagle head stock. I bought that in January 1982.
Unfortunately I can't play anymore due to arthritis in my left thumb. I would like to find some idea of values and I'm going to have to let them go, which will be a very sad day. They have such an amazing sound.
Thanks to anyone that can help.
Gold Member

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2018, 06:37:15 PM »

I would like to find some idea of values

The only realistic and helpful way to know their values is to look at sales of older Larrivees on various sites: here, Reverb, e-bay, Craigslist, the Canadian CL site, and others. (Are you in the US, Canada, or somewhere else?)

In older Larrivees, there shouldn't be much difference in price for 12-string or the various fretboard and headstock inlays (they may add $100-200 or so to the price).

The guitar market is still very soft, and Larrivees aren't in high demand like old Martins, Gibsons and others, so you'll likely be disappointed in your research. Lots of high quality pictures and information about the guitars is the best guarantee of a higher price. These days there are very few used Larrivees - even older ones (they don't really qualify for the "vintage" label according to most "in the know" guitar buyers) that sell above $2K - most sell around $1,500 unless they have beautiful koa or Brazilian Rosewood - and there aren't very many of those.

Hope this helps a little and isn't too discouraging. Do some homework and you'll know what to expect with your pricing and accepting an offer.

All guitars are left-handed:
1979 L-19  |  1992 OM-05  |  2010 D-03 w/Italian Spruce top  |  2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue  |  2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak  |  2016 L-05 Custom

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2018, 09:55:10 PM »

Welcome!  They sound like very nice guitars. It would be great to see some detailed photos of them including the labels, serial #s.

You can list them on Reverb. They have the facility to upload photos to the add. No charge to list it. They do charge about 3% of the sale if it sells on the Reverb site.

Would really like to see some photos. I use  to host photos. It's free, fast and easy.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: