Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone getting (or giving themself) a Larrivee for Christmas?  (Read 3127 times)
mike in lytle

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2018, 08:42:50 PM »

South Texas between Houston and Brenham.

Well, I'll be. We are almost neighbors. You're only about 175 miles from me.
Mike
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2018, 10:42:29 PM »

South Texas between Houston and Brenham. Had a "real" job for 30 years always traveling half my life in a hotel room That's what led me to playing Guitar. Guitar kept me IN hotel room and out of trouble  The LV-09 is a 2004 model. now I have been looking at your D-03 mmmmmmm

It's a nice guitar, and in my humble opinion, the price is right... I can send more pics if you'd like. (I just had it out last night and was thinking, "Why am I selling this again?" Only because there's only so much time and space.)

All guitars are left-handed:
1979 L-19  |  1992 OM-05  |  2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue  |  2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak  |  2016 L-05 Custom
mlktst

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2018, 11:59:17 AM »

Morning neighbor, I am interested but just bought the LV so If you are not in a hurry to sell D-03. Provided no more natural disasters or my son needing something.  Maybe next month,I can resist anything except temptation  That is a nice Guitar and yep reasonable price. 175 miles which way north or west?  STAY WARM

Not real good but very slow
mattwood

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2018, 01:41:16 PM »

175 miles away is right next door here in Texas.
mlktst

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2018, 05:11:48 PM »

These  are to make up for the ones I missed my apologies  Yep Mattwood 175 miles is just round the corner

mike in lytle

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2018, 06:43:43 PM »

Out of curiosity, where did you find your lefty LV-09?
And Lytle is just SW of San Antonio on I-35. Which isn't seeing much traffic today.
Mike
mlktst

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: January 16, 2018, 09:12:34 PM »

Found the LV-09 at sam ash in San Antonio online. My brother lives in Kenedy I drive out there sometimes

cwa11is

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: March 17, 2018, 04:13:52 PM »

My L-09 finally arrived after a grueling 12 week wait. What a thing of beauty both visually and sonically! The string spacing is much wider than my Fender cheapo, but I think I'll like that when I get more used to it.  Barre chord practice is ramping up and my index finger is killing me. B minor, A, B minor, G, B minor, D, F ouch!. Put it down. Wait let me see that thing again. bigrin

Hope the photo attachments work.  I haven't learn to deal with the photobucket rejction yet.
mike in lytle

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: March 17, 2018, 05:33:23 PM »

My L-09 finally arrived after a grueling 12 week wait. What a thing of beauty both visually and sonically! The string spacing is much wider than my Fender cheapo, but I think I'll like that when I get more used to it.  Barre chord practice is ramping up and my index finger is killing me. B minor, A, B minor, G, B minor, D, F ouch!. Put it down. Wait let me see that thing again.

Glad you survived on the gruel. Nice guitar. My humble opinion is that the L-09 and L-05 are the absolute dead center bulls eye of the entire Larrivee line.
One should have one of each (I do).
You will get used to the neck, it is actually pretty much a normal neck.
You will want to have it set up to your liking, of course.
Are going to get a pickup put in it? If so, start a thread called "What pickup should I put in my L-09?" for a full range of options.
Mike
tulk1

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: March 19, 2018, 12:31:24 PM »

Is that Quilted Rosewood? ............  bigrin

Kenny

Quote: "You know, all things considered, we are very, very lucky to have all that we do, an embarrassment of riches, actually."
cwa11is

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2018, 03:42:41 AM »

Is that Quilted Rosewood? ............  bigrin

Nice. Just temporarily.   
ryler
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2018, 02:57:30 PM »

Congratulations on a beautiful guitar.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print