Anyone getting (or giving themself) a Larrivee for Christmas?

Started by Mikeymac, December 20, 2017, 10:11:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Welcome to the forums Chris. Enjoy the L-09, they are exceptional guitars. 
Larrivee D-04W VHS (Peruvian Walnut/Sitka)
Martin 000-28EC (EIR/Sitka)
Martin HD-28 v18 (EIR/Sitka)
Martin OM-21 Special (EIR/Sitka)

Ordered a OM-40 mahogany with austrian moonwood top, should arrivee in the new year!

Quote from: blue_dog on December 28, 2017, 10:24:27 AM
Ordered a OM-40 mahogany with austrian moonwood top, should arrivee in the new year!

12 fret?

Quote from: blue_dog on December 28, 2017, 10:24:27 AM
Austrian Moonwood. Huh. Had to google that. And who should appear at the top of the search? JCL, his self.  :wink: Nice!!
Kenny

Quote: "You know, all things considered, we are very, very lucky to have all that we do, an embarrassment of riches, actually."

Quote from: Mikeymac on December 20, 2017, 10:11:37 AM
It's been pretty quiet around here...
have we all been bad boys 'n' girls, and therefore not getting
any new Larrivees for Christmas?
  :roll

I've been looking at something I might make an offer on before the end of the year...  :whistling:

Since you seem to be in acquisition mode do you have any interest in an L-05 all mahogany 12 string ?

Quote from: tuffythepug on December 28, 2017, 10:04:50 PM

Since you seem to be in acquisition mode do you have any interest in an L-05 all mahogany 12 string ?

Oh man, you've hit me right after I made the purchase hinted at above...

Unless you're interested in some kind of trade, I'm all cashed out for awhile... I have two Larrivee's I've been thinking about selling - PM me if you want to know more.
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Quote from: Mikeymac on December 29, 2017, 09:20:46 AM
Oh man, you've hit me right after I made the purchase hinted at above...

Unless you're interested in some kind of trade, I'm all cashed out for awhile... I have two Larrivee's I've been thinking about selling - PM me if you want to know more.

The L-05 isn't mine.  It's new  and for sale in a shop I've bought from before.   I just thought you might want to know about it

Quote from: cwa11is on December 26, 2017, 12:51:28 PM
Well I did it. I'm actually in a little bit of shock, but it's motivation to get serious. Ordered an L-09 on Saturday. It's waaayyy more guitar than I deserve, but I look at it as every bit as much a piece of art as well as a musical instrument, so I justified it that way. Pics possible in 8-12 weeks!  Thanks for being here everybody. I'm Chris.

:donut2 :donut :donut2 :donut :donut2

I think your justifications are valid.  The fact it is indeed a piece of art, and lovely to look at and hold, will inspire you to play more.  From that, your "motivation to get serious" rationale is also justified.  Once it arrives, forget about justifying it and just play and enjoy it.

Welcome to the forum.  Hope you hang around.

Kurt in Edmonton, Alberta
"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

:guitar

Well this Forum II showed up a couple days after Christmas. ( AND it's a 12 fret neck join!)
Made in Vancouver February 2005

It was on a sale site for all to see.
The guitar  was listed poorly with some claim about "having issues" and priced low.

my low offer was a good deal less than the already low price, with expectations of having to do repairs to it.

What a lovely surprise to discover both the guitar and case were pretty much mint.
Even the original warranty card ( unused) was still in the case.
A slight truss rod adjustment, and a new set of strings was all it needed.

The tuners are Larrivee with faux ebony buttons, very nice playing and sounding guitar, with a lot of class and Mojo.
"Senior" member means "old" right?
Like over 50?

Too many guitars to list here.
Too few brain cells to be bothered with...

Quote from: headsup on January 03, 2018, 06:47:29 PM
Well this Forum II showed up a couple days after Christmas. ( AND it's a 12 fret neck join!)

The guitar  was listed poorly with some claim about "having issues" and priced low.

my low offer was a good deal less than the already low price, with expectations of having to do repairs to it.

What a lovely surprise to discover both the guitar and case were pretty much mint.

The tuners are Larrivee with faux ebony buttons, very nice playing and sounding guitar, with a lot of class and Mojo.

Well done. You rolled the dice - good for you!  :nice guitar:
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Quote from: headsup on January 03, 2018, 06:47:29 PM

The guitar  was listed poorly with some claim about "having issues" and priced low.

That's a really nice find for you. :+1: More pics would be cool.

Quote from: tulk1 on December 28, 2017, 09:50:04 PM
Austrian Moonwood. Huh. Had to google that. And who should appear at the top of the search? JCL, his self.  :wink: Nice!!

Just got my om-40, really digging the sound and the detail work on the tuners!

Just received my FIRST Larrivee  an LV-09 Lefty. I am very impressed with sound,playability and craftsmanship. I will try to get pics later I am 60 and real slow with computers
Not real good but very slow

Quote from: blue_dog on January 13, 2018, 11:05:48 PM
Just got my om-40, really digging the sound and the detail work on the tuners!

Nice OM - congrats. Looks like diamonds on that fretboard.  My new custom L-05 also has those diamonds and those tuners.

Quote from: mlktst on January 14, 2018, 06:41:39 AM
Just received my FIRST Larrivee  an LV-09 Lefty. I am very impressed with sound,playability and craftsmanship. I will try to get pics later I am 60 and real slow with computers

:welcome: from another 60 year old lefty player! That's a great Larrivee to start with - enjoy!

Thanks I Finally have time semi-retired Kid grown and gone  :cheers I was playing a Seagull the Larrivee blows it away the neck feels better easier to play. I am a 20 year closet player I live on a farm in the country play when everyone is gone the horses and cows like it.

picture #1

It worked picture #2

Very nice, mlktst, that has a gorgeous spruce top on it.

What part of the country do you hail from (just curious since you mentioned you're on a farm; I was in Nebraska for ever, spent a little time working in northern Kansas, now in southwest Minnesota - all "farm country" - though I'm not directly in agriculture)?

South Texas between Houston and Brenham. Had a "real" job for 30 years always traveling half my life in a hotel room That's what led me to playing Guitar. Guitar kept me IN hotel room and out of trouble  :winkin: The LV-09 is a 2004 model. now I have been looking at your D-03 mmmmmmm