**TRADED** My Avalon A2-20 for your Larrivee OOO-40R - straight up

Started by rosborn, July 13, 2017, 06:56:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

**TRADED**

Well, I reacquired the Avalon A2-20 that I previously owned.  Great guitar hand built in Newtownards, Northern Ireland.  Avalon traces its roots to George Lowden who ran the shop for some time.  He wanted to be the sole designer and the craftsmen wanted to have the opportunity to design the guitars they were building.  Mr. Lowden left and his craftsmen remained and became Avalon.  Today, Avalon make approximately 200 hand built guitars per year.  The A2-20 is an orchestra size guitar with a Sitka Spruce and East Indian Rosewood back and sides, abalone rosette, ebony fingerboard.  Very responsive and it excels at all kinds of playing, from fingerstyle, to flat picking, and strumming.  This really is an all-rounder guitar that is very resonant - as you would expect from East Indian Rosewood.  List on this guitar is approximately $4600.

Why am I interested in trading this fine guitar?  Because I just finished playing my OOO-40 and I love it so much that I want it in East Indian Rosewood as well.  To be honest, from the moment I played my OOO-40, just before Christmas 2016, I have wanted the EIR version as well.

So, if you're interested drop me a private message or an email: re_osborn@sbcglobal.net.

Thanks for looking!

Rob

I don't blame anyone for not responding...Larrivees are great guitars but...so is this Avalon.

Have you considered making this trade with a Larrivee dealer? The value of the Avalon should make it an easy deal for them, I would think.
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Quote from: Mikeymac on July 21, 2017, 11:30:30 PM
Have you considered making this trade with a Larrivee dealer? The value of the Avalon should make it an easy deal for them, I would think.

I hadn't thought about that. Thank you for the suggestion!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote from: rosborn on July 22, 2017, 06:50:40 PM

I hadn't thought about that. Thank you for the suggestion!

:thumb

Good luck!

:donut :coffee

Well, a trade has been completed and I am now the proud owner of a OOO-40 and a OOO-40R.

Quote from: rosborn on August 05, 2017, 12:36:09 PM
Well, a trade has been completed and I am now the proud owner of a OOO-40 and a OOO-40R.

:thumbsup

Congrats! Of all the larrivee body styles the 000 is the only I haven't played...always look tempting. I have the cedar-rosewood version of your old a2-20...definitely has its limitations but still a nice one to reach for occasionally :)
CS-09 (Mastergrade Sitka/Ziricote)

My album "Woodscapes" and others available at www.dustinfurlow/shop

Fingerstyle and original tunes on my YouTube channel:
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCw7w0i3AF8xTuN6iYB-gCkw

Quote from: rosborn on August 05, 2017, 12:36:09 PM
Is there any way you could post a comparison video between both of those beauties? I would love to hear them side by side or A/B

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Proud owner of a freakin' awesome Larrivée OM40-R
Looking for another awesome Larrivée to keep it company!

Quote from: RandyB on December 20, 2017, 07:58:13 PM
Is there any way you could post a comparison video between both of those beauties? I would love to hear them side by side or A/B

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
:+1: on a comparison, that'd be nice to hear.
Herman.

L-10, L-03FM, OM-05
 Forum VI, & "others"