Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Morgan C Custom Followed Me Home  (Read 493 times)
tulk1

Ignore
« on: February 20, 2018, 02:32:39 PM »

Last Saturday I was at my local M&P trading an amp. The salesman, that I've known for ever, goes, "you like Larrivee. you need to see Glory's Morgan". I'm like, sure ok. So the lady brings in her Morgan, hands it to me, and I play it. Feels an awful lot like the LV-03RE Cedar I just purchased, but with gloss (maybe LV-05E status?). It played wonderfully, was deep and warm. I handed it back saying it was a really nice guitar. She asked how much I'd give her for it. Uh .... I said, almost jokingly, I could probably do $500. She said OKAY! And that is how I brought home a custom ordered Morgan C Rosewood Cutaway with Cedar top acoustic guitar.

Kenny

Quote: "You know, all things considered, we are very, very lucky to have all that we do, an embarrassment of riches, actually."
Queequeg
Admin

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2018, 02:42:10 PM »

$500?
That's stealing.  cop
 nice guitar
tulk1

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2018, 02:53:38 PM »

$500?
That's stealing.  cop
 nice guitar
Yeah, danged near!! And I was somewhat embarrassed when she said yes. We were all wide eyed and surprised. She was happy as all get out. I spoke with her a bit later when there were less people oogling us. She said she just didn't play it, thought about putting it in the shop on commission, but was just as happy with the cash to put towards her custom ordered ....... PRS. She's happy and I have a Morgan (I still don't know why, exactly).

Kenny

Quote: "You know, all things considered, we are very, very lucky to have all that we do, an embarrassment of riches, actually."
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2018, 03:56:04 PM »

Yep, you stole it. That's definitely the deal of the month around here! But as long as she's happy, it's all good.

(She isn't recently divorced is she? Some guy may be looking for that guitar...  )

All guitars are left-handed:
1979 L-19  |  1992 OM-05  |  2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue  |  2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak  |  2016 L-05 Custom
JOYCEfromNS
Admin

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2018, 05:03:58 PM »

(She isn't recently divorced is she? Some guy may be looking for that guitar...  )
I know you were joking but thats exactly what I was thinking. Wondered too why the store wasn't all over it before hand

A gloss Morgan C in what I assume in great condition for $500 hmmmmmmm red flags are going off in my head

Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)
tulk1

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2018, 05:20:34 PM »

I know you were joking but thats exactly what I was thinking. Wondered too why the store wasn't all over it before hand

A gloss Morgan C in what I assume in great condition for $500 hmmmmmmm red flags are going off in my head
No red flags. The store was the original dealer that sold it to the gal that sold it to me, knew it's history, done all the set ups, etc. It's all on the up and up. If I'd suspected anything like that I'd have never gotten involved. It's a very very small, somewhat intimate store with no room. Long time customers, both here and the woman that sold it to me. The owner did say he'd find room to hang it in the store if I didn't want it. Even asked him yesterday why no fee for brokering the transaction. His reply was if he'd wanted one he'd have done it on the other end. Meaning asking the seller for it, I guess. But, she's buying a custom PRS thru them, so I'm thinking they feel covered. I can understand why it might seem to raise flags, if you weren't there on the transactions, tho'.
And, I'm pretty sure there was no husband ever in the mix. Ever.

Kenny

ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2018, 06:16:35 PM »

Yep highway robbery!

nice guitar
George
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2018, 06:58:34 PM »

Very nice Morgan! Ridiculous low price! Congratulations!

nice guitar

George
JOYCEfromNS
Admin

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2018, 08:55:11 PM »

No red flags. The store was the original dealer that sold it to the gal that sold it to me, knew it's history, done all the set ups, etc. It's all on the up and up. If I'd suspected anything like that I'd have never gotten involved. It's a very very small, somewhat intimate store with no room. Long time customers, both here and the woman that sold it to me. The owner did say he'd find room to hang it in the store if I didn't want it. Even asked him yesterday why no fee for brokering the transaction. His reply was if he'd wanted one he'd have done it on the other end. Meaning asking the seller for it, I guess. But, she's buying a custom PRS thru them, so I'm thinking they feel covered. I can understand why it might seem to raise flags, if you weren't there on the transactions, tho'.
Well good on you! The stars certainly lined up for you. Pretty sure she could have sold it for twice that on Kijiji that evening if she wanted.Mustn't need the cash or blinded by the PRS Birds 

nice guitar

Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)
ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2018, 11:26:46 PM »

Well good on you! The stars certainly lined up for you. Pretty sure she could have sold it for twice that on Kijiji that evening if she wanted.Mustn't need the cash or blinded by the PRS Birds  

nice guitar

Now I know where some of those people on Pawn Stars come from. The expert tells the person their thingy is worth ten grand. Rick offers three. They settle on five. Didn't you hear the expert? Um, you're in a pawn shop, for crying out loud!  blush    

Wait a second! The store wasn't in Vegas was it? 
ST
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2018, 02:36:25 AM »

What would you take for it?

Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2018, 02:45:34 AM »

Well, if you're single, what are you waiting for? There's a PRS as a dowry in this deal!!! 

Sorry - couldn't help myself...  rolleye

All guitars are left-handed:
1979 L-19  |  1992 OM-05  |  2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue  |  2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak  |  2016 L-05 Custom
George
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2018, 03:26:43 AM »

Last Saturday I was at my local M&P trading an amp. The salesman, that I've known for ever, goes, "you like Larrivee. you need to see Glory's Morgan". I'm like, sure ok. So the lady brings in her Morgan, hands it to me, and I play it. Feels an awful lot like the LV-03RE Cedar I just purchased, but with gloss (maybe LV-05E status?). It played wonderfully, was deep and warm. I handed it back saying it was a really nice guitar. She asked how much I'd give her for it. Uh .... I said, almost jokingly, I could probably do $500. She said OKAY! And that is how I brought home a custom ordered Morgan C Rosewood Cutaway with Cedar top acoustic guitar.

I have number 2501 Morgan with Cedar top and Flamed Maple back and sides, quite the extraordinary guitar.  You are a lucky man.  Enjoy!

George
headsup
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2018, 12:59:08 PM »

I LOVE this kind of stories!!!!

oh the guitar?
 It's nice too... +1

"Senior" member means "old" right?
Like over 50?

Too many guitars to list here.
 Too few brain cells to be bothered with...
divertis

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2018, 07:32:04 PM »

Fantastic deal. Reminds me of how I got my D40-R. I am sure you will find something to do with it. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tulk1

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2018, 05:17:25 PM »

Just a bit of a follow up.

To George: Mine is #910.

When I first played it I only did some cowboy chords, and some very very basic noodling (full extent of my talent), nothing much above the 7th or so. Well, turns out there is some serious buzz a happen'in' above the 12th. 14th on the e/B was going "nu uh". On the G-E it sounds very sitar like. ...   wacko

Tech says it's a dry baby. Needs a bath and some moisturizer. Not surprised. The little humidity packs in the case were very crunchy, indeed. I re-humidified the packs (hot water bath). I put the guitar in a room with a humidifier to jump start the process a bit. It's now in the case with several humi-packs. The E/A and /e are better. Tech said give it a couple of weeks to come down, then he'd look at a fret dress, etc. But not until then. Still, below the 12th its a humdinger, for sure.

Kenny

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: