NGD RS4!

Started by guitargeorge, February 02, 2018, 02:46:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

After owning Larrivee acoustics since 2000, I finally pulled the trigger on a 2013 RS4.  :nana_guitar

I found one that I really liked.  It met my weight requirement to be under 8 pounds, came with P90s, and I love the top.  The seller is the original owner and he swapped the pups for Zhangbuckers P90s.  Seller advertised the guitar as mint.  Sale included the stock Larrivee P90s.  I went over every square inch and could not find a single flaw...It is mint!

:donut :donut :donut :donut2 :donut2 :donut2 :coffee :cheers

What grabbed me about the top (Root Beer Burst) is that has besides the horizontal flame, it has lovely wide vertical grain.  And the knobs are the coolest color; they almost glow.  Larrivee is known for great bursts, but I don't like all of them.  This one is perfect.

Well I am not having luck adding pics from my computer...so here is the Reverb ad with pics.

https://reverb.com/item/9718222-larrivee-rs-4-p90-2013-rootbeer-burst

Have not had much time to play it yet bet so far I love the tone.  Not sure how different it is with the switched P90s, but right now there is no mod I'd make to this guitar...of course it is the honeymoon period.  Really impressed with the build quality.  I know it's early but this one is a keeper! :bgrin:

Congrats on the new guitar :nana_guitar
Fender Artisan customshop Tamo ash Stratocaster
Fender Artisan customshop Rosewood Telecaster
Olav Loef 00 'Dav L'. 2018
Olav Loef slopeshoulder 'Charlien' 2019
Olav Loef OM/D 8 string 'Otto' 2018
B&G Little Sister lemonburst P90 2015

Congrats!  What else is there to say, it is a Larrivee after all!

:nice guitar:
George

Thanks everyone.  Jeeze I can't stop looking at her she's so pretty! :cop:

Best electric guitar at the best price ever!

Quote from: guitargeorge on February 02, 2018, 06:06:29 PM
Thanks everyone.  Jeeze I can't stop looking at her she's so pretty! :cop:

I very regrettably sold a Rootbeer Burst RS4 with Gen3 humbuckers in a moment of Severe "too many guitars" Guilt a few years back.  I still miss that guitar.  I also have changed my attitude to " you cannot ever have too many...."
George

Quote from: ducktrapper on February 02, 2018, 07:28:01 PM
Best electric guitar at the best price ever!

That's so true for what I paid...so much guitar for the money...and rare because Larrivee didn't make that many, relatively speaking.  But I feel I got lucky with this one because so few are available.  There are still a couple on Reverb discounted so I'm tempted to buy!

Great deal--a steal really.  Congrats.

Quote from: George on February 02, 2018, 07:33:33 PM

I very regrettably sold a Rootbeer Burst RS4 with Gen3 humbuckers in a moment of Severe "too many guitars" Guilt a few years back.  I still miss that guitar.

Same here - I've kicked myself over it many times. Don't even remember what it funded.  But the Rootbeer Burst is one of their best (and it was a late add on to the original four colors offered on these "new generation" RS-4's).  I later picked up the RS-4 listed below for a great price (well under a grand), but it's nowhere near as purdy as the Rootbeer Burst...
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

First, stop looking at it, start playing it!!

Second, it's a beaut.

Third, now that you have your first Larrive electric, good luck finding your next Larrivee electric. They are getting rare. You did good to snatch this one.

Fourth, don't be like several of us here and sell your RS4s. I sold my Blackburst. Cant' tell you why. I won't if I ever find another.

Fifth .......... uh, yeah, nice guitar. .........  :bgrin:
Kenny

Quote: "You know, all things considered, we are very, very lucky to have all that we do, an embarrassment of riches, actually."

Thanks for wise advice Kenny

1. Absolutely, it's better to play it than look at it. I still enjoy looking and marveling over the fine workmanship.  I'm living in an apartment and can't really crank it up...looking forward to that.  :thumb

2. Agreed.  As you know, much better in person.

3. Well there already is another one I'm attracted to but I think I better slow down.  :whistling:

4. Agreed.  I want to leave this guitar to my kids.  I wonder what it will be worth in 30 years? If only I had bought some Fenders and Gibsons in the 60's and kept the guitars mint...imagine what they would be worth now?

5. Agreed. I could not get good pics with my camera but the seller's pics on Reverb are good.  As soon as I saw the top I wanted it.  It was advertised as local pick up only but I convinced the seller to ship to me and I'm grateful he did.  :wave

BEAUTY! They are exceptional guitars.
"Senior" member means "old" right?
Like over 50?

Too many guitars to list here.
Too few brain cells to be bothered with...

Wouldn't part with mine for anything!

or this one!

They are fantastic guitars, just was turned on to their electric line a month ago, now I own two!  My first was a 2011 RS-4 Amber and just received my second, a 2010 RS-2.  I posted pics of it in another thread.  These guitar as quality and should go for a lot more money than they do.