RIP Malcolm Young.

Started by obe-wan, November 19, 2017, 01:16:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Another one of rocks royalty gone. My fondest teenage memories usually included AC/DC blasting in the background.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/acdcs-malcolm-young-remembered-as-influential-unsung-and-unforgettable/news-story/37bda2f67ea2b4f87ef21f3791cdead2
Martin OM-21. 
Gibson SG Special.
Schertler David.
Achillies 5F2A Princeton.

Victoria, Australia.

Acknowledge his and the bands greatness - but to me; a band I never got - especially in the latter years. It all sounded the same to me.
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

When I was younger, yes, now ... not so much.  But when I was young, they were a great band.  Amazing that they had two singers with the same set of pipes.

Believe it or not, Back in Black trails only Thriller in world wide album sales.

However, there still is hope for good taste

Total album sales

#1  Beatles     265 million albums (surpassing Jackson's total  by about 100 million albums).

#2  Elvis Presley with well over 200 million albums.

Back in Black was their very best work IMHO.

I also saw today that Mel Tillis passed at 85.  He was hilarious...
George

Quote from: George on November 19, 2017, 03:23:27 PM

Mel Tillis was great  ... favorite was I Got the Hoss.  What was amazing was that he sang perfectly, but he had a terrible stutter when he talked.

Quote from: George on November 19, 2017, 03:23:27 PM

I knew Mel Tillis was a songwriter and others covered his songs but I didn't realize HOW MANY hit songs he wrote for great artist until listening to the Buddy & Jim show on satellite radio one night. They spent the whole night playing Tillis songs. I kept saying "he wrote that?" and that and that. A talent. I appreciate AC/DC but my hard rock days were over by the time I was 18 and they were after that. Obe-Wan from Australia right? I'm sure folks there gonna miss their national treasure.
10-1614 more than a number, it's body and soul.

Quote from: Danny on November 19, 2017, 11:04:41 AM
ACDC , not ever on my list.

Yeah, same here.  I'm not happy to hear of his death, though.

Ed

Whether or not they (ACDC) were your cup of tea, they are right up there with the iconic bands that contributed to and influenced the genre.  And Malcom Young was a great artist and performer, regardless.
"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

:guitar

My view stands. I'm not running for any office.

ACDC were getting big when I was in college, but I never got into them (and I bought a LOT of albums back then!).

However, my son really got into them (around 10 years ago) and learned a bunch of their riffs. Go figure.
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992