Larrivee L09 Sam Ash 40th Anniversary Commemorative 2007

Started by Redlaekenois, November 18, 2017, 05:36:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hi, I'm based in the UK and own a 2007 L09 Sam Ash 40th Anniversary Commemorative. I bought it from Manny's in New York 9 years ago. Its in a Immaculate/New condition. I believe that only 60 of these were produced at the time.

It seems hard to get much info on these as far as their resale value on the open market,  I'm thinking of selling. Anyone any ideas of the sort of price this could fetch or even general info about it....?

Many thanks

G!ad you accepted my invitation to join us.  I'm sure you will get the information you seek among  our knowledgeable members.

:welcome:
:nice guitar:
:donut :donut2 :coffee
1977 Classical
2015 OO-40
2017 LV-10 50th Annniversary #2/50
2021 LSV-03 Forum VI
2023 Hatfield BJG Strong Tenor low G Ukulele #003

Quote from: Redlaekenois on November 18, 2017, 05:36:43 AM

It seems hard to get much info on these as far as their resale value on the open market,  I'm thinking of selling. Anyone any ideas of the sort of price this could fetch or even general info about it....?

I will give you MY opinion & direction of what I would do in your situation:

The Sam Ash 40th is basically a regular L-09 with some added bling (JCL celtic knot logo on the headstock & JCL on fingerboard).   The JCL 40th a very different guitar had modified bracing with even more bling than the Sam Ash (decorative center strip, alligator case etc).

Now an L-09 is a special guitar as is the Sam Ash. IMHO the JCL 40th is just a little "more" special and unfortunately the Sam Ash sometimes gets misled into this guitar as being the same when to those who have experienced a JCL 40th it just ain't so.

To assign a value is often controversial. What I would do; is simply query Ebay-UK (in your case) completed sales of Larrivee L-09, again IMO  (to equivalent a Sam Ash to a JCL 40th Anni & nobody is suggesting you are would be misleading.

In a nutshell the Sam Ash 40th is really "just" a L-09.

Hope this is helpful in your task

Oh &  :welcome: hope you stick around and chat

:nice guitar:
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Many thanks for that info, most helpful. There's not many L09s around to compare with on the secondhand market although I did find a L09 12 string, pre-owned, in a local shop for around £2195.00. I guess I could use this as a basis....!

Quote from: Redlaekenois on November 19, 2017, 04:21:48 AM
There's not many L09s around to compare with on the secondhand market although I did find a L09 12 string, pre-owned, in a local shop for around £2195.00. I guess I could use this as a basis....!
On tis side of the pond 12 strings generally sell for less than 6 string

You could query on Ebay UK completed sales of Larrivee in general & compare to US to get a bit of a feel I suppose
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

I guess thats good news for me then.......thanks for that.