Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 000 40  (Read 918 times)
not for quids

Ignore
« on: November 18, 2017, 07:53:49 AM »

Hi .I joined today. I am in the process of organising play of  a new 000 40 Sitka and mahogany. Have not owned a Larrivee before . No one is talking about this guitar. Have I missed something?
George
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2017, 02:04:30 PM »

No you have not missed anything, there are owners here that Love that model.

welcome   

George
jpmist

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2017, 03:47:09 PM »

I've played an OOO and liked it's tone, but I'm more of an OO guy. You might not see this model much in the music/guitar magazines cause Larrivee doesn't come out with a flavor of the month model like some other shops. That doesn't mean it's not worth checking out.

Generally, I put Larrivees on par with Taylor in terms of build and wood quality. They will hold up just as long and can be set up to your playing taste. The spruce tops take a few months to open up and will eventually sound much more resonant than it will in the guitar store. And for what it's worth I've had more Taylor's pass from my hands in disappointment than I have Larrivees.

Maybe if you give us some background on what you play and own? Guys here never fail to weigh in, especially when given donuts!

Larrivee OO-05 • Larrivee OOV-03 Short Scale • Taylor 322ce    Various Strats • Soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/jpmist
Walkerman
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2017, 01:04:42 AM »

I like O, OO, OOO ... but my favorite is the OM40
not for quids

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2017, 01:55:58 AM »

Thanks folks. I did do some home work and I expect this guitar to be what I am looking for. I Have tried the few  shops in reach but being a lefty the range is limited. I have opted for a delivery of an 000 40 unplayed with a good return policy. I first picked up a guitar 15 yrs. ago . began lessons with a Takamine EAN 10 c  and some other beaters.  After two  years an accident and injuries.  I stopped . The Taki being a dread and having the narrowest nut around it was difficult to get back on the horse. So now I am in the market for a new guitar and Larrivee has caught my interest. The 000 40 was the only lefty Larrivee in the shop that came close to what I'm looking for. I am looking forward. to reporting on the first play. SORRY about the lack of  donuts  , have not worked it out yet. All clues appreciated.
jpmist

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2017, 04:06:15 PM »

The 000 40 was the only lefty Larrivee in the shop that came close to what I'm looking for. I am looking forward. to reporting on the first play. SORRY about the lack of  donuts  , have not worked it out yet. All clues appreciated.

I think you'll really like it, really what's not to like? It's a 12 fret that will have a wonderful rich tone, strummed or fingerstyle. The 40 series has a recent bracing spec that owners really like.

If you're' getting "back on the horse" I'd suggest making sure it's set up well. From the factory, Larrivee set's theirs up too high for my taste, but I'm spoiled on strats. But a workover by a good tech to lower the nut slots, check the truss rod, and lower the saddle a bit will make getting to know your new Larrivee more fun and well worth the $$.

is just a gentle Forum form of hazing to get folks to read The Rules. This will keep you from posting politics, guitar prices and commercial spam that might ruffle feathers.

Looking forward to pics and impressions!

Here's to a happy NGD!   

Larrivee OO-05 • Larrivee OOV-03 Short Scale • Taylor 322ce    Various Strats • Soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/jpmist
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2017, 05:00:59 PM »

I like my OOO-40R.  nice guitar s
not for quids

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2017, 01:33:49 AM »

Thanks  again .I will have to find a new luthier having moved to  a less populated area [north eastern New South Wales Australia ]  Once it is a definite purchase I will  look at set up.  Donut emogies remain elusive. 
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2017, 01:38:33 AM »

Thanks  again .I will have to find a new luthier having moved to  a less populated area [north eastern New South Wales Australia ]  Once it is a definite purchase I will  look at set up.  Donut emogies remain elusive.  
have a few on us.
L07 Shooting Star
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2017, 08:18:54 AM »

http://www.larriveeforum.com/smf/index.php?board=15.0

Donuts = I read the forum rules.

"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2017, 02:20:23 PM »

welcome from another lefty Larrivee player.

You'll find that Larrivee is very lefty friendly.

All guitars are left-handed:
1979 L-19  |  1992 OM-05  |  2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue  |  2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak  |  2016 L-05 Custom
Paraclete

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2017, 04:18:00 PM »

Donut emogies remain elusive. 

Welcome!  (The donut emogies are above the reply box with all the other smilie things.  you can just click on them.  )

2010 LSV-11e
2002 4E Jose Ramirez
1998 S6+folk Seagull
1986 Charvel Model 3A
2001 Fender Jazz bass
1935 A-OO Gibson mandolin
1815 JG Hamm violin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: