Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ran Over My Guitar Case  (Read 197 times)
ChelieMB

Ignore
« on: November 07, 2017, 03:05:50 PM »

True story.  Twenty-five years ago my guitar teacher convinced me to purchase a Larrivee guitar and to invest in the solid wood case.  I remember her words:  "Trust me, you can literally run over this case with your car and it won't damage your instrument."  I thought to myself, "What IDIOT would run over their guitar?"  Now a music teacher, I was loading up my Jeep on the last day of school, and in my dazed and euphoric state, I backed out over my guitar.  As soon as I realized what I had done, my heart broke.  I didn't know how much I loved that guitar until I thought I'd lost it.  In disbelief, I pulled my mangled case from beneath the car, pried it open, and found my Larrivee in perfect condition.  I immediately recalled my teacher's advice and tracked down her address to write her a letter of thanks!  Grateful.
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2017, 04:03:13 PM »

Great story - if a bit scary! Glad it ends well!

And... welcome to the Larrivee Forum...what took you so long to get here? 

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 D-03 w/Italian Spruce top
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak
George
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2017, 04:20:31 PM »

I store all my cases in steel wire shelving racks, and I bungie them in place to prevent accidents.  My cat is the worst one, she knocked several of them down before I took the precautions.  Not a single one damaged.  Hard shell cases are a must when you have kids, grandkids and critters running around loose...

welcome to the forum.  Great first post too...     

George
tulk1

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2017, 05:48:25 PM »

Welcome to the club! And I mean the "I ran over my Larrivee" club. 

Kenny

Quote: "You know, all things considered, we are very, very lucky to have all that we do, an embarrassment of riches, actually."
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2017, 08:20:11 PM »

The older gieb style cases, with five to seven layers of plywood, were heavier than a Sumo wrestler. But built to protect what was inside.
     Frankly, these new ones are just flimsy whistling

O,OO,OOO,LS,D02
markj

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2017, 08:50:10 PM »

A TKL saved my Ibanez from when I briefly left in behind in the garage while I was unpacking. The Mrs. didn't see it and ran over it with an SUV. it flew accross the garage smacking in a solid concrete wall then landing on the concrete floor.

The guitar was fine. 
Rockysdad

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2017, 01:46:12 AM »

welcome , You didn't happen to take any pics did you? Glad to hear your guitar survived.

L-10 my fav.
& "others"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: