Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pink Floyd - Brain Damage / Eclipse  (Read 107 times)
markj

Ignore
« on: November 07, 2017, 08:25:15 AM »

This was a lot of fun. It's the 50th mic'd using the Zoom H6 X-Y mic which was also used as the primary vocal mic. I sang and played the guitar at the same time so there is some bleed over of each on all of the acoustic tracks. I also used the iRig mic into my newly acquired DigiTech RP500 integrated effects switching system (pedal) set to the "Gilmour" setting.  Two Audio-Technicha AT4040 condenser mics captured the guitar as a pure acoustic along with voice bleed over. Then I fired up the Real Piano Pro2 digital keyboard and found a "nice" organ sound which I also used for the bass notes. I used a click track at 120bpm.

Started learning this song 24 hours prior to recording this. I think it's one of my better recording efforts. I still have the voice a little soft during the louder sections but I think it works good to hide my less than stellar vocal capabilities.  They are pretty much out in front during the softer sections.

https://soundcloud.com/marks-recordings/brain-damageeclipse
Scrambler17

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2017, 11:39:22 AM »

Nice work it sounds great.

I'm not super familiar with the Zoom H6.

You say you recorded both the vocal and guitar at the same time using the xy mic on the top of the zoom.  How do you track that out into 2 tracks with 1 mic? 

What equipment did you use to mix this down with your different tracks.  Did you do that on the Zoom or something else? 

L-03WL (A Hunt for Spruce) with K&K Pure Mini
RS2 with humbuckers
markj

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2017, 03:36:17 PM »

Thanks!

The XY mic is a stereo setup. It records two tracks into one. The fact that I was singing and playing at the same time means that the guitar bled into the vocal mics and the vocals bled into the guitar mics.

I multi-tracked everything inside the Zoom H6 using the Overdub function. The I just brought everything into Cubase 9 LE on my Mac (bundled with the Zoom). Set up a couple of "wide vocal tracks". no effects were used in Cubase. The audio is pretty raw here.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: