Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pickups for my Bakersfield  (Read 179 times)
ganzandroses

Ignore
« on: November 12, 2017, 02:20:27 PM »

Hey guys,

Was wondering if anyone could help me out with some pickup recommendations! I love my Bakersfield but im not a big fan of the tele twang (sorry if this sounds heretical). I'm looking to swap out both single coils!

The tone I'm looking for is the fat vintage tone.. something like Tom holmes PAF type of tone or Virgil arlo tele pickups! I really think they sound fantastic! They just cost a bomb.

Was wondering anyone has any other pickups to recommend so that I can do without spending as much!

Cheers
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2017, 03:06:42 PM »

What type of pu's are in it now?Two standard tele type's,tele bridge humbucker neck,two humbuckers?Me I'm a big fan of the Kent Armstrong hot rails tele type.

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
headsup
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2017, 02:13:04 PM »

I swapped out the standard tele pick-ups on my older telecaster, and installed the fender Custom Shop Baja Pick-ups.
a lot less twang, but true tele sound, warmer mids, and a touch of "strat" high end sparkle.

Lots of info on those pick-ups to be found on line.

"Senior" member means "old" right?
Like over 50?

Too many guitars to list here.
 Too few brain cells to be bothered with...
tulk1

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2017, 06:52:54 PM »

I put a set of Brian Gunsher's BG-Pups Telecaster Rockwinds in mine. It can still do twang if I want, but really sounds much larger/fatter. And Brian's pickups are very reasonably priced. AND .. they are the only pickups made at 9800 feet using only solar energy. Or, so he says.

Kenny

Quote: "You know, all things considered, we are very, very lucky to have all that we do, an embarrassment of riches, actually."
George
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2017, 07:45:41 PM »

You might consider a set of Lindy Fralin's Blues Special Telecaster replacement pickups.  They sound like they might get the tone you want...

George
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: