Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Larrivee Electrics ... again?  (Read 928 times)
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« on: July 26, 2017, 09:08:36 PM »

Someone (markj?) mentioned in a post on the main forum that someone from Larrivee said at Summer NAMM that they're going to start making electrics again. Any more news on this? Any reasonable rumors? Walkerman - have you seen anything at Oxnard lately?

Inquiring minds want to know. I'm really not interested in any more electric guitars - BUT - if Larrivee were to start building again, I would be - especially that double humbucker tele style (the Malibu)... OR the older, more pointy Strat style (which I'm sure they won't do again...).

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 D-03 w/Italian Spruce top
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak
tulk1

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2017, 03:04:08 AM »

I was told Matthew wants to start up the Bakersfield again. No mention  of other electrics, tho.

I wasn't told not to tell, so .... that's the word I've heard.

Kenny

Quote: "You know, all things considered, we are very, very lucky to have all that we do, an embarrassment of riches, actually."
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2017, 04:36:29 PM »

I was told Matthew wants to start up the Bakersfield again. No mention  of other electrics, tho.

I wasn't told not to tell, so .... that's the word I've heard.

Bakersfield - as in with the standard Tele bridge and pups? I made the mistake of selling mine (I believe mine was the first lefty they made); wouldn't mind having another one...

...but would also like to see the HxH pup "Jeff Beck/SD/Malibu" version... 

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
Walkerman
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2017, 09:55:52 PM »

They will not be called Bakersfields though .... copyright matter.  Baker-T
willynelson13

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2017, 10:11:40 PM »

Bakersfield - as in with the standard Tele bridge and pups? I made the mistake of selling mine (I believe mine was the first lefty they made); wouldn't mind having another one...

...but would also like to see the HxH pup "Jeff Beck/SD/Malibu" version... 

At the Vancouver Guitar festival, Matthew was not clear which version, he just said a Tele-style would be coming back. I guess either Matthew will chime in or we will be left to guess, and GAS.
Strings4Him
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2017, 11:52:32 PM »

So no RS-4s?
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2017, 01:48:34 AM »

So no RS-4s?

I suspect at the price point they'd have to compete at with a set-neck electric, it's just to hard to get someone to buy a Larrivee instead of a Gibson or Collings or even a Gretsch.

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2017, 04:01:49 AM »

Having owned a few Gibson's and Gretsch's and having played a couple of Collings the RS4 very much has its own tonal responce what players need to do is listen to them.Matthew's pickup's have there own tone they don't get muddy in the mids like the others.Wish I played more electric music because I'd own one.

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2017, 11:04:15 PM »

Having owned a few Gibson's and Gretsch's and having played a couple of Collings the RS4 very much has its own tonal responce what players need to do is listen to them.Matthew's pickup's have there own tone they don't get muddy in the mids like the others.Wish I played more electric music because I'd own one.

I agree, Rob. Between Matthew's very clear, low powered pickups and the longer 25.5" scale length, it has a more balanced, less muddy (or thick, if you prefer) tone than a Les Paul. Very versatile, because you can still get humbucker/hog growl by backing off on the tone controls.

However, play it next to a Strat-style with a maple neck loaded with humbuckers, and it doesn't sound quite like one of those either - then the hog body/set-neck really comes into play and you see (hear) how that's impacting the tone.

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
George
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2017, 12:28:04 AM »

I agree, Rob. Between Matthew's very clear, low powered pickups and the longer 25.5" scale length, it has a more balanced, less muddy (or thick, if you prefer) tone than a Les Paul. Very versatile, because you can still get humbucker/hog growl by backing off on the tone controls.

However, play it next to a Strat-style with a maple neck loaded with humbuckers, and it doesn't sound quite like one of those either - then the hog body/set-neck really comes into play and you see (hear) how that's impacting the tone.

Right on the mark Rev!    +1

George
norum

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2017, 12:15:38 PM »

God!!!! I hope they will re-manufacture the 80's models, RS2-CM with Floyd Rose, neck thru, 24 frets
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2017, 04:12:56 PM »

cop NO FLOYD  cop

The best system was the Kahler Spider but I think Floyds bought them and the spider disappeared.

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
norum

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2017, 01:50:21 PM »

I suspect at the price point they'd have to compete at with a set-neck electric, it's just to hard to get someone to buy a Larrivee instead of a Gibson or Collings or even a Gretsch.

It is not so difficult. There are many people who want to buy a larrivee, models from the 80's. Included me.
I'm dying to buy an RS2-CM. But friend Jean refuses
dlsteel

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2017, 01:53:26 PM »

It is not so difficult. There are many people who want to buy a larrivee, models from the 80's. Included me.
I'm dying to buy an RS2-CM. But friend Jean refuses
dont hold yer breath
Strings4Him
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2017, 02:51:02 PM »

Buy a modern RS-4 and your electric itch will be scratched.
norum

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2017, 01:32:29 PM »

Buy a modern RS-4 and your electric itch will be scratched.

For tastes. I have 2 Larrivee of the 80s and they sound great, but I do not find a rs2cm, which is what I want
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: