Five new Larrivee Guitars!

Started by markj, November 04, 2017, 08:35:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill received a shipment of new Larrivee guitars and I was able to visit for a short while today and play all of them.  :guitar :guitar :guitar :guitar :guitar

My wife was with me. She has the patience of a saint but I knew it would not be a long visit. We were out for lunch and hungry and Bill was closing at 4:00, or so I thought. Turns out he closes at 3:00 on Saturday and we arrived at 2:45. He had another customer so I just went into the guitar room and started playing. Bill ended up staying until 3:45 to let me play and to talk shop. It had been a while since I was there.

L03-12 I had to grab the 12 string first. It was my main reason to visit. Unreal. I fell in love instantly. The neck feels perfect and the setup was like butter. It has much better separation than my Eastman E6-D 12. It is way more comfortable to hold (L body vs Dreadnought) and the neck just feels absolutely perfect. Oh wait, I am repeating myself. lol The Eastman has a pretty "thick" neck and I do get fatigued easily when playing it.  Did I mention that the L-03 12's neck was absolutely perfect? It would have come home with me but I am not sure if I want Mahogany. I wish he would have ordered a Rosewood model. It would probably be in my lap right now.  :whistling: He ordered a Rosewood 12 for another customer. I am hoping to be invited to the delivery of that baby. ;) I know one thing, a Larrivee 12 string in definitely coming home with me someday.

L03 Silver Oak NAMM 2017 Special - Setup was near perfect. Maybe a hair too high for me but I could play it all day like it is from the factory. Sound. WOW! It was loud but not the loudest I played today. It had a sweet bass, and the treble strings were crisp and responsive.  Loved it and would love to own one. The Mrs. didn't like it. The wood was "too light" for her taste. Despite that, she really liked the sound of it.

OM-40V Loved this one too. So comfortable to hold and play. Surprised me with it's volume and bass. Wow. This is another Larrivee model I can see in my future. Need to play a rosewood model.

L-03 R Bass and sustain for days on this one. Loved it.

D-03 R Huge sound. Surprised me. This is the first Larrivee D I have played. It was very comfortable. Much more so than my Eastman D.  Very good setup. If I were ever going to own a Dread...

If I were a wealthy person, I probably would have bought at least 3 of these guitars today.   :beer :beer :beer
1977 Classical
2015 OO-40
2017 LV-10 50th Annniversary #2/50
2021 LSV-03 Forum VI
2023 Hatfield BJG Strong Tenor low G Ukulele #003

"Sounds like" you had fun today. Hope you took your wife out for a nice meal in return for her patience!

:guitar
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

I did.  :beer
1977 Classical
2015 OO-40
2021 LSV-03 Forum VI

Bill Hatfield. Hatfield Guitar & Repair, Janesville, WI.
1977 Classical
2015 OO-40
2021 LSV-03 Forum VI

If I were a wealthy person, I probably would have bought at least 3 of these guitars today.   :beer :beer :beer
[/quote]
Yes, wouldn't that be nice?  :thumb
Herman.

L-10, L-03FM, OM-05
Forum VI, & "others"

Hey Mark, sent you a PM,

Maybe I can satisfy your desire for a 12, a Dread, and Rosewood all in one.   :bgrin:

PM replied...   
1977 Classical
2015 OO-40
2021 LSV-03 Forum VI