Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1976 Larrivee  (Read 671 times)
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2017, 01:31:15 AM »

I thought of that when I wrote it...  I hope to be remembered as a guitar lover and not a hoarder.  My goal is to find wonderful homes for them all...
I do give guitars to family. But I've decided to find veterans that may like one as well. But I want to hand it to them, not an organization that may be milking profits from our deserving men and women, who defended our freedom.

O,OO,OOO,LS,D02
George
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2017, 01:34:00 AM »

I do give guitars to family. But I've decided to find veterans that may like one as well. But I want to hand it to them, not an organization that may be milking profits from our deserving men and women, who defended our freedom.

Let me know when you find that avenue...  I would like to give some to talented young aspiring musicians, but I have the same issues with them being minors and some adults taking advantage of the situation, or even worse taking it away from them...

George
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2017, 01:37:06 AM »

This could be an opportunity for us to start our own group. People our age have a heart to give, but not to be taken advantage of.

O,OO,OOO,LS,D02
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2017, 04:35:57 PM »

I've donated two (lefty) guitars (but not Larrivees, I confess) to the organization "Guitars for Vets." It's a national organization with local chapters. I'll admit, I haven't looked into it deeply, but it is a way to give back to our veterans and receive a tax deduction for a charitable donation.

http://www.guitars4vets.org/

https://www.facebook.com/GuitarsForVets/

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 D-03 w/Italian Spruce top
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: