Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Time...  (Read 218 times)
eded
Gold Member

Ignore
« on: October 24, 2017, 03:03:22 AM »

So, in 2013 I found out a PV-03 was possible and immediately ordered one.  It came and was fantastic...  but it was never my O-01.  Crisper and tighter???  Tough to find the words to describe it.  The O was some 14 years (or so) old when I got the PV.  Whether it’s me getting used to the guitar or the guitar breaking in, the PV has finally caught up. 

Just wow...  it still doesn’t quite have the bass of the O, but played right, I can coax it.

I remain thankful to the folks at RMMGA for “turning me on” to Larrivee Guitars.

Ed
dlsteel

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2017, 01:52:21 PM »

the O and the P are the same guitar. as far as o-60 or an o-40 or a p-05, there are differences there but at the start its the same guitar....in every way. the pv wont have as much top as the p. so maybe in some cases less sound
eded
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2017, 02:48:13 PM »

the O and the P are the same guitar. as far as o-60 or an o-40 or a p-05, there are differences there but at the start its the same guitar....in every way. the pv wont have as much top as the p. so maybe in some cases less sound

The O-01 is the first iteration of parlors from Larrivee...  shortly after the first run or two, they changed the designation to P.   I believe the modern O-40 (and 60) have slightly different bracing.  Yeah, the PV has both less top and less internal volume.  I think the big thing here is either a) opening up or b) me figuring out how to play it to get what I want out of it...  or some combination of the two.

Ed
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: