Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Opinion /help  (Read 492 times)
L07 Shooting Star
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2017, 07:23:48 AM »

Yours looks like it never had any holes drilled in the body even if it did have a pickup.  I'm with Danny in that I wouldn't drill any holes in if you want to preserve it's value (as much as $2500.00 by my references).  My guess is it did have a pickup and the controls and jack were somehow incorporated in the pickguard or maybe on the pickup itself?  On your last pictures showing 2 other models, both of them have the controls and knobs installed in the body.  That seems to contradict your guitar's design.  I even checked the photos of your guitar to see if maybe some body holes had been plugged and refinished.

Since you probably won't be able to find all the pieces to restore it completely, and make it sound like it was intended to, I wouldn't try to restore it in that way.  If you want to "electrify" it, I would suggest to just snap in one of several good sound-hole pickups in it.  That said, if you are creative, you could probably install a pickup at the end of the neck and have it's controls and jack incorporated into a pickguard that you create.  I can't envision how you could do this without having the pickguard hovering way too high above the top of the guitar.  In any case, I wouldn't do any drilling or routing in the body except for the installation of an output jack right at the bottom of the guitar.

All this assumes the guitar plays well and sounds good acoustically in the first place.

"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

George
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2017, 12:17:25 PM »

Are there any signs that a 1/4" jack was/is installed on the lower side bout?  The jack on the others was on the top.

George
jrainman

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2017, 01:48:44 AM »

No sign at all there was any holes  made  in any part of the body , other then the 2 indetations  where the neck meets the body and the missing sound hole motif in that same area. so this body was made to except the LIP Stick tube style Pickups that Danelectro invented and as seen in the picture I have found  of this model .  either this guitar walked out of the factory unfinished or being the history and how MCA  just closed the door on the Danelectro /Coral company, I also found out that all the stock from the Danelectro / Coral was bought by Daniel Armstrog  This is the guy who built the Plexi see through Guitar . So maybe  a lot of these NOS parts became avalible at some point and time to the public and this is just a Parts guitar that was put together by someone , I say this because of the Guitars Model Name  (Vincent Bell COMBO , the word Combo has me to believe that its one or the other  Parts guitar or walked off the assmbly line when the factory closed as is incompleted. I could be wrong but thats what I am sumizing due to the info I have found. It  plays  Nice and Sounds like a quality built archtop , Tone is oustanding and the resnence of the guitar is outstanding . thanks for all the advise on what to due ,I am in no rush to do anything as far as installing anything , I still am resarching and I am really not a a collector  I just play and only have a few guitars.so I just may flip it and let somone else deal with it
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2017, 01:54:05 AM »

From what I've seen and read this appears to be an acoustic guitar.
It never made it to the electronic mods. Frankly I like it.
Plus it seems to be intriguingly unique.

O,OO,OOO,LS,D02
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: