Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gord Gone  (Read 44 times)
headsup
Gold Member

Ignore
« on: Today at 02:51:47 PM »

For us Canadians, and especially for us Kingston Ontario Hip fans, the passing of Gord Downie strikes a deep blow.
 To us (Kingstonians) he was "ours".

I have many memories of the early days when we all played the same bars and we all got stiffed by one particular owner/manager.

I have pictures, of shows, with my kids, as they became more and more famous.

Canada, and many parts of the world where he spoke to so many people in his poetry set to the rocking' beat of the Hip Boys ( local guys, high school pals) is in mourning.

Coincidently, another dear friend from a town close by where I play a few shows, just passed away a couple days ago from the exact same brain Cancer Gord Downie had.

Cancer sucks.

"Senior" member means "old" right?
Like over 50?

Too many guitars to list here.
 Too few brain cells to be bothered with...
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Today at 03:54:44 PM »

Sorry for your loss.

Too many guitars... But I keep thinking one more may just do it.
JOYCEfromNS
Admin

« Reply #2 on: Today at 06:55:17 PM »

Certainly a loss to the level to us Canadians as PETTY or BOWIE were to their home country.

Just my attempt to put into perspective to our members here who live outside of Canada and not familiar with the Tragically Hip.

A great loss indeed, if you are Canadian under the age of 50, there is a great chance Gord Downie's work had some influence whether it be a memory or something greater on your life

Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: