Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Playing my FIII today...  (Read 276 times)
Jagadis

Ignore
« on: September 22, 2017, 10:08:31 PM »

Spent some time playing some finger picking tunes on my Forum III today.  Never get sick of this guy.  Sharing some photos cause its such a nice hot day in Toronto.

Jordan

LS-03MTHB Forum III (#19), RS-2 Sunburst
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2017, 11:02:30 PM »

nice guitar

Be careful... if it's as warm as it is here south of the border, that thing'll get heat stroke!!!

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 D-03 w/Italian Spruce top
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak
Jagadis

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2017, 12:03:40 AM »

The longer story is that someone posted earlier about putting new strings on their guitar and it got me thinking I hadnít changed the strings on my Forum III in a while.  Once the new strings were on it sounded so glorious that I ended up sitting and finger picking till my wife interrupted me.  The sky was blue and the sun was starting to set and I thought it would be cool to photo the guitar before I put it away.  Hence the new photos.  She is still a looker and the prettiest guitar Iíve ever owned. 

Jordan

markj

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2017, 01:27:23 AM »

Gorgeous guitar! 
George
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2017, 12:46:50 PM »

She is still a looker and the prettiest guitar Iíve ever owned. 

Well, your RS2 isn't shabby looking either...   

George
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2017, 04:48:11 AM »

Thanks for the pix, very nice F-III.  It does me good to see these posts. I do believe the Forum III is one of the best Larrivee made.
So many options, such a nice size, and a 12 fret, to give that added boost a larger 14 fret would not have.

I'm still not sure if John knows what they did in that Van'City factory for those of us waiting for this specific guitar. And the way the Forum came together and worked with Jim Holler, and with Jean's more than gracious options he gave us.
     I  am just glad I got right in the middle of the best forum event that ever hit Larrivee. Right down to the donuts.

If you don't know what I'm saying, read the F-III threads. Just keep the coffee coming, cause it will take awhile.

Too many guitars... But I keep thinking one more may just do it.
Jagadis

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2017, 02:40:39 PM »

The only small miss with the whole Forum III project was that Larrivee hadnít built LS sized guitars for many years and the cases that John Jr. included with our guitars were the wrong size. 

One of these days Iím going to order a proper case that fits the guitar.  Curious if anyone replaced the case with something that better fits this special guitar?

Jordan

Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2017, 03:17:49 PM »

The only small miss with the whole Forum III project was that Larrivee hadnít built LS sized guitars for many years and the cases that John Jr. included with our guitars were the wrong size. 

One of these days Iím going to order a proper case that fits the guitar.  Curious if anyone replaced the case with something that better fits this special guitar?

Jordan
I got a Martin 000 case that fit perfect. But that was a very heavy five ply case.

Too many guitars... But I keep thinking one more may just do it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: