NGD Gibson SG Classic P90.

Started by obe-wan, September 22, 2017, 12:48:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nice upgrade - no doubt it does sound and function better!

"Out with the new, in with the old!" - LOVE it!

Nice SG!  :bowdown:
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Nice wiring job.  I love the wood grain and the classic finish on it.  That was the look I was going for on my hybrid build from last spring.  And thanks for the great pictures, too.  After looking at your SG, I think I'm going switch out my knobs, selector switch knob and ring, and pickup rings to all black instead of amber/cream.  It just looks more classic on the Cherry Red Mahogany.  The attached picture is before I put on amber knobs, which it still currently has.
"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

:guitar

Nice clean wiring job.Just beautiful to see. :thumb
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Quote from: Barefoot Rob on December 12, 2017, 12:08:51 AM
Nice clean wiring job.Just beautiful to see. :thumb

Ah thanks rob, that means a lot coming from you. It got pretty busy in there once I hooked up the pick ups and the earth..... came out ok though.  :thumb

Quote from: L07 Shooting Star on December 11, 2017, 11:59:33 PM
Nice wiring job.  I love the wood grain and the classic finish on it.  That was the look I was going for on my hybrid build from last spring.  And thanks for the great pictures, too.  After looking at your SG, I think I'm going switch out my knobs, selector switch knob and ring, and pickup rings to all black instead of amber/cream.  It just looks more classic on the Cherry Red Mahogany.  The attached picture is before I put on amber knobs, which it still currently has.
Man that's a real Rocker! I bet it sounds awesome too. What wood is the body?

Quote from: Mikeymac on December 11, 2017, 03:30:03 PM
Nice upgrade - no doubt it does sound and function better!

"Out with the new, in with the old!" - LOVE it!

Nice SG!  :bowdown:

Cheers mate!  :thumb

Quote from: George on December 11, 2017, 01:48:51 PM
Did you also wire it with the vintage 50's design so that the volume controls operate independently of one another?  I have made that mod to some Les Paul's...  definitely makes them sound better...

Yes mate they do, I can run the treble pick up full tilt and blend in the neck for some nice Clapton "Woman Tone", but you can dial down one volume when both are engaged and it mutes both once its down to zero. Don't know if its supposed to do that, but I like that it does.

Cheers, Scott.
Martin OM-21. 
Martin HD-28e
Sigma SDM-18
Schertler David.

Victoria, Australia.

Quote from: L07 Shooting Star on December 11, 2017, 11:59:33 PM
Nice wiring job.  I love the wood grain and the classic finish on it.  That was the look I was going for on my hybrid build from last spring.  And thanks for the great pictures, too.  After looking at your SG, I think I'm going switch out my knobs, selector switch knob and ring, and pickup rings to all black instead of amber/cream.  It just looks more classic on the Cherry Red Mahogany.  The attached picture is before I put on amber knobs, which it still currently has.

I remember that build - very nice! I agree, it will look even better with black pickup surrounds and switch ring and tip.
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Quote from: obe-wan on December 12, 2017, 03:08:49 AM
..........Man that's a real Rocker! I bet it sounds awesome too. What wood is the body?.................

The body is a one-piece Khaya (African mahogany).  Here is a link to the build.  http://www.larriveeforum.com/smf/index.php?topic=50522.0
"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

:guitar

I've got a Gibson SG Artist Model Paisley case that's been waiting for the right SG forever.

Mine looks just like this.

--== Please click the picture for more details ==--

Quote from: ST on December 13, 2017, 08:25:13 AM
I've got a Gibson SG Artist Model Paisley case that's been waiting for the right SG forever.

That's an interesting looking case. What happened to the guitar out of it? And more importantly, what colour was it?

Cheers, Scott.
Martin OM-21. 
Martin HD-28e
Sigma SDM-18
Schertler David.

Victoria, Australia.

Hi Scott,

I don't remember the exact circumstances when I got the case but would have been about 30 years ago. There may have been an SG in there. I vaguely recall having a guitar with a broken neck. Given my temperament back then, I would probably not have kept the guitar. But I kept the case.

You guys have lovely sg's.  A bit jelly here.
1975 Larrivee L style
2006 Larrivee OM-03 MQ
1967 Ovation Josh White signature, 12 fret, shiny bowl
yamaha fg450sa
washburn mg-70
line6 variax 300
Parker pm20 quilted bubinga
epi Thunderbird IV bass

Quote from: ST on December 13, 2017, 08:25:13 AM

Mine looks just like this.

I have a plain old Guardian SG case that is empty as well.  I kept my Gibson Nighthawk in it for a short while.  I would Love to find a nice SG like Scott found to put in it...
George