Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NGOD - Emerald carbon fiber guitar  (Read 209 times)
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« on: November 16, 2017, 03:13:21 PM »

NGOD = New Guitar Order Day

But I won't see it for around 16 weeks/3-4 months! That's the quoted build time for an order they don't have in stock. They did have a couple lefties in stock, but not in the color (Amber) that I wanted.

I ordered an X-20 Artisan 6-string in Amber with the Anthem pickup upgrade, and also upgraded to receive the hardshell case (standard) and the gigbag (optional add-on for this model). Everything else is standard: 25.5" scale length, 1 3/4" nut, Gotoh 510 tuners, all carbon fiber (decided against the "wood top" option - which seems a little steep to me at $450!).

[[This comes on the tail of trying out the new lefty Paul Reed Smith SE Custom 24, but I decided that, for the price, it just didn't tick all the boxes enough for me to keep it. Nice, well made guitar, but I'd have to change out the pickups and pots to be satisfied, and I just don't have time to mess with that these days; life is too busy... so it will go back (to Sweetwater) soon.  Needless to say, when I A/B'd it with my RS-4, there was just no comparison. Again, not a bad guitar, but after the comparison, I realized I don't need it to fill in any gaps.]]

So I posted some pics in the other thread, but here are a few of what this will look like:

drool

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 D-03 w/Italian Spruce top
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak
George
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2017, 03:50:08 PM »

Very lovely build Rev!  I think the carbon fiber guitars are here to stay, especially in places where the weather environment can be hard on a wooden guitar.  The Emerald's look nice too.

I love the new acronym NGOD.  I ordered one myself today, but not a carbon fiber.  It will be my second Bourgeois and will have a large soundhole and sunburst aged tone Adi top with RW back/sides.  Mid to late February...

George
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2017, 05:15:42 PM »

Very lovely build Rev!  I think the carbon fiber guitars are here to stay, especially in places where the weather environment can be hard on a wooden guitar.  The Emerald's look nice too.

I love the new acronym NGOD.  I ordered one myself today, but not a carbon fiber.  It will be my second Bourgeois and will have a large soundhole and sunburst aged tone Adi top with RW back/sides.  Mid to late February...

I live in Minnesota (for the forseeable future), so yes, carbon fiber makes sense in this radical seasonal weather.

Congrats on the Bourgeois order! It sounds like something I want to order from Martin down the road (the large sound hole in particular: I'm dreaming about a 0000 size in hog with a large soundhole; they made a signature model in the past, the JDP (Diane Ponzi) and JDP II that have a HUGE sound.

Now the long winter wait begins: I'm looking at an ETA of mid-March... better forget about it and get on with life!

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
Swampdigger

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2017, 04:20:17 AM »

Well now you've done it. They are a great guitar. I have a wood veneer in green. The woodys are really nice at least in my opinion. The veneer I have was used on a select series. I considered one and the all sold which made me wish i had gone for one. Then this green one showed up with that same veneer. So I sent my money. Its a Korelian Burl when the light is right it has little emerald coloured flecks in it. The wood veneer apparently does not affect the tone but I guess what I like is that no other will look like it. If I was buying another x20 it would be a wood veneer top, it just looks that good. Something to think about while you wait....that way you won't forget you ordered the guitar. As for the emerald gig bag , it isn't bad and I have one along with the hiscox case but i got a reunion blues bag . Way happier throwing it in the back of my truck with that. That is not to say there is any issue with the hiscox, it is a great hard case. But going on road trips the reunion blues bag is my pick.   
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2017, 06:04:37 PM »

Well now you've done it. They are a great guitar. I have a wood veneer in green. The woodys are really nice at least in my opinion. The veneer I have was used on a select series. I considered one and the all sold which made me wish i had gone for one. Then this green one showed up with that same veneer. So I sent my money. Its a Korelian Burl when the light is right it has little emerald coloured flecks in it. The wood veneer apparently does not affect the tone but I guess what I like is that no other will look like it.

gotpics?

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
Swampdigger

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2017, 03:07:40 AM »

Don't know if this will work or not but maybe !
Swampdigger

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2017, 03:10:46 AM »

Here's the headstock.   
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2017, 06:43:10 PM »

Beautiful! I didn't know they would do the overlay on the headstock, too! Must've missed that detail.

Thanks for sharing... makes me long for mine even more...  drool

Shipped out two guitars today, another going out either today or tomorrow... the simplification process begins!

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: