Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Replacement Pickguards?  (Read 375 times)
tulk1

Ignore
« on: September 21, 2017, 05:12:49 PM »

So, let say just because, I want to replace or get another color or whatever, pick guard for one of my L electrics. Anyone done that? These are a bit unique in shape, especially the Lancaster. I talked to someone at the plant and was told they don't sell parts. So .. how would I get a different pick guard for either my Lancaster or Bakersfield? You know, because ... I want one. Not because I ran over it or something like that!! (I didn't, not this time)

Kenny

Quote: "You know, all things considered, we are very, very lucky to have all that we do, an embarrassment of riches, actually."
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2017, 06:46:57 PM »

Take a tracing of the guard and contact Pickguards USA they should be able to produce one for you.

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
L07 Shooting Star
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2017, 04:56:58 AM »

Or you can get pickguard blanks from several suppliers.  You could make your own using your original as the template.

"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

tulk1

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2017, 07:20:58 PM »

Or you can get pickguard blanks from several suppliers.  You could make your own using your original as the template.
Uh ... uh ..... no. I imagine I'd be as adept at that as I am at soldering. Which I'm not.

Take a tracing of the guard and contact Pickguards USA they should be able to produce one for you.
pickguards.us maybe?

Kenny

Quote: "You know, all things considered, we are very, very lucky to have all that we do, an embarrassment of riches, actually."
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2017, 10:14:39 PM »

Not only is it a pain in the butt but its messy as all get out to cut your own pickguard,crap gets all over the place.Check out Pickguards USA should cost under $50.

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
L07 Shooting Star
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2017, 05:30:08 AM »

Not only is it a pain in the butt but its messy as all get out to cut your own pickguard,crap gets all over the place.Check out Pickguards USA should cost under $50.

It was simply a suggestion for an alternative way of accomplishing a pickguard.  That's how I would do it.  Cutting the plastic isn't a big deal with the right tools and techniques.  It' all just chips and sawdust whether wood or plastic or whatever material.  The mess is the same.

Uh ... uh ..... no. I imagine I'd be as adept at that as I am at soldering. Which I'm not.
pickguards.us maybe?

If you don't have the confidence and/or tools to do it, then I would go with Rob's suggestion.

"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: