Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Florida forum members  (Read 405 times)
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« on: September 11, 2017, 04:24:04 PM »

If you can please report in or have a contact report in for you.

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
mike in lytle

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2017, 06:21:18 PM »

Well, my sister isn't a forum member, but she and her little dog are at her friends house in Cape Coral (west of Fort Myers), and they made it ok.
They stayed in the hallway with mattresses for protection and life jackets, just in case.
They were not in an evacuation zone.
No power though.
Mike
jpmist

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2017, 07:03:44 PM »

Two brothers in St Pete. One on the beach in a highrise kept his power, the other in Pinellas Park near the bay lost his. Both say they're fine, but I haven't gotten the full details yet. Was much worried about the storm surges, but it was much less than predicted.

Larrivee OO-05
Larrivee OOV-03 MT SB
Taylor 322ce
Recording King ROS-16
Various Strats

Soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/jpmist
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2017, 03:27:35 AM »

make that the whole S.E.,scarry sh*t!!!

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
C-10-4-me

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2017, 02:10:46 AM »

I live on the other side of the Peace river from Port Charlotte. We rode out the storm and came through OK,thank the good Lord. My very first hurricane was a real dandy. The only damage I had was to trees and shrubs, which I could care less about. Even in 110 mph winds I never lost one shingle, and I was certain going into this thing that my roof couldn't stand up to the winds. My big takeaway so far is how well my house was built,for which I am very thankful.

I can report firsthand that the TV news reports cannot begin to do justice to what has happened here. Entire communities are under water and it will take many days for the water to recede enough to even begin to think about repairs. Here in SW Florida it is hard to find gasoline,and most grocery stores have no dairy products, and very limited everything else. Home Depot and Lowe's are out of just about everything needed for repairs. The National Guard is handing out food packets and three bottles of water per day to people in Imokolee,one of the poorest and hardest hit areas of the state. You want to see a catastrophe? Go there.

I tell you, when you see up close and personal grown men crying because everything they have worked for is now gone, it is heartbreaking. There are still over a quarter of a million without power in SW Florida. You can't imagine the misery of the heat and humidity without even a fan to cool you off.

One thing that has given the residents a ray of hope is that the Governor has been very visible every day in the affected areas. Being a newer resident I know nothing of his politics, and really couldn't care less at this particular time. All I know is that he is pouring everything he can into this state, and the people see grateful for his efforts.

Anyway, I didn't mean to be so long winded, but it's hard to put the scope of this devastation into just a few words.

Ron

Happily married to the woman of my dreams and looking forward to growing old together.<br />Truly,God has smiled upon this simple man.
L07 Shooting Star
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2017, 05:42:47 AM »

..............................Anyway, I didn't mean to be so long winded, but it's hard to put the scope of this devastation into just a few words.

Ron

I appreciate your description of the situation.  It gives me a better understanding of what those people are going through.

"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

van

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2017, 08:46:50 PM »

We made it through ok in north central florida.  It was very scary, though.   The newer communities did great, but older neighborhoods with above ground utility lines had problems like lost power and some water damage.  All in all it could have been ALOT worse.
fretwired

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2017, 10:59:42 PM »

I've got a buddy who lives in Delray which is south east. He evacuated to north Texas and is heading back home tomorrow. He has no idea what 's in store as far as the condition of the building he lives in. Really no one there to inform him, so we're hoping and praying for the best. My heart goes out to the residents of Florida...as well as Texas , and Oregon, and Washington and everyone else who's suffered through these tragedies. Puts things into perspective seeing the devastation that others experience.

These donuts are for those who need them the most right now.  
tlp2

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2017, 11:52:29 PM »

Got back tues midnight.
Power back on today. Woot!
Shingles, fence, minor water in garage,
Larrivee safe. All good.
:)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: