Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yard Sales and Flea Markets  (Read 524 times)
JOYCEfromNS
Admin

« on: September 10, 2017, 01:38:26 AM »

I go every once in a while - usually always have fun and most always tote home some "junk"

Today I picked up a Japanese Knife see pic. Is anyone able to translate? It was the only thing I found to take home today so $10 later and a load of fun & conversation I have something to research.

How bout you - enjoy this kind of thing? Any finds?   gotpics?

Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2017, 03:36:59 AM »

Does that have a bambo handle if so at some point in its life it was a cleaver,an abused one no the less a cleaver.I say this because I have one.No writing on it but in looks like the one I have.

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
broKen
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2017, 04:03:10 AM »

Don't know about the blade, but I like the stone. Is it granite?

A Hebrew, under the Spell
Pain is a good thing
The cost of living is...life
L07 Shooting Star
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2017, 07:45:33 AM »

If I see a sign pointing to a garage sale, I immediately go there and ask  "any musical instruments?"  If the answer is no, I go home.  If not, I take it from there.  I have made some very good guitar/amp/keyboard purchases at garage sales.

"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

Walkerman
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2017, 02:11:34 PM »

If I see a sign pointing to a garage sale, I immediately go there and ask  "any musical instruments?"  If the answer is no, I go home.  If not, I take it from there.  I have made some very good guitar/amp/keyboard purchases at garage sales.

It is getting harder and harder to find "garage sale super deals" because of the Internet.  Nowadays, most folks know what they have.
C-10-4-me

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2017, 09:59:02 PM »

I go every once in a while - usually always have fun and most always tote home some "junk"

Today I picked up a Japanese Knife see pic. Is anyone able to translate? It was the only thing I found to take home today so $10 later and a load of fun & conversation I have something to research.

How bout you - enjoy this kind of thing? Any finds?   gotpics?

I have the translation for you. Once I get a few minutes to reeducate myself on posting images from my iPad I'll upload it for you.

Happily married to the woman of my dreams and looking forward to growing old together.<br />Truly,God has smiled upon this simple man.
C-10-4-me

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2017, 02:16:57 AM »

https://japanesechefsknife.com/collections/hiromoto

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Happily married to the woman of my dreams and looking forward to growing old together.<br />Truly,God has smiled upon this simple man.
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2017, 04:17:27 AM »

This is a bit ironic. Bonnie and I liked to browse thru small town thrift stores and garage sales. I'd look for books, special items made in different countries and of course guitars. We both found some nice items, including guitars.

This is the ironic part, "Happily married to the woman of my dreams and looking forward to growing old together.<br />Truly,God has smiled upon this simple man"

I felt this way completely, but Bonnie has been gone for one year, eight months and fifteen days. And I don't go to yard sales or flea marts anymore.

C-10-4-me.... I'm very happy for you.

O,OO,OOO,LS,D02
JOYCEfromNS
Admin

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2017, 01:33:34 PM »

I have the translation for you.

Thanks so much Ron (C 10 4 me)  Much appreciate your effort

Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)
JOYCEfromNS
Admin

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2017, 01:35:03 PM »

Hi Danny - so sorry to hear this and hope somehow things improve some

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: