Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Big Guitar Inc. teetering on the brink?  (Read 429 times)
HAMFIST

Ignore
« on: September 07, 2017, 08:14:33 PM »

Fender. Gibson. Guitar Center.

Where will they be in five years? Gibson and GC's bonds are sinking way into junk category. They will struggle to dig themselves out of debt or even pay notes as they come due. Fender is not much better off, and is owned substantial money by GC that is not covered by insurance that would protect them in the case of nonpayment.

I took a week off and had time to think.  Lashed together this blog post.

"Soulshine is better than sunshine, better than moonshine, damn sure better than rain."
carruth
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2017, 09:45:06 PM »

Interesting article.
It seems to me, that the big mistake in the world of guitars, is to  cheapen your brand by having guitars made in China or Mexico. In other words,try and compete with cheap imports.
I hope Larrivee never does that.
What I love about the Larrivee brand, is that every guitar is a quality product, made in the USA, or formally in Canada.

Larrivee:
P09
OM03
OMO3R
OMO5
LO2
LO3R
LO3W
LO3K
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2017, 02:11:01 AM »

I've know this for years.I remember when GC was 192 million 180 days day out {This means that they owed a lot to a lot of companies past a 180 days of posted invoice's that were due}.Both Gibson and Fender spent ton's of money buying other companies only to close them on top of having way too much coming in from over sea's.Billions of instruments being made and not enough players to buy them,on top of all that billions of instruments being sold used for next to nothing AND on top of that brick and morter store's closing.

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
George
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2017, 01:41:32 PM »

Interesting article.
It seems to me, that the big mistake in the world of guitars, is to  cheapen your brand by having guitars made in China or Mexico. In other words,try and compete with cheap imports.
I hope Larrivee never does that.
What I love about the Larrivee brand, is that every guitar is a quality product, made in the USA, or formally in Canada.

+1  on all accounts stated...

George
L07 Shooting Star
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2017, 09:02:54 AM »

There is a huge glut of guitars.  Unless you are a brand-snob or a collector, you can find a guitar that serves your purpose for way less money than forking out to those corporations.

"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: