00-40 Questions

Started by Treenewt, September 06, 2017, 09:00:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Danny on September 15, 2017, 02:55:38 PM
  I've had four OO Larrivees. The all hog forum IV was fine and if I wasn't such a trader I'd still have it. The OO-09FM was as bright as could be, I liked it's looks. The custom OO-03SH hog/spruce was the best looking of all, but the tone was not what I wanted.

My current OO is a legacy 40R. I like it very much. A rosewood OO will not have the snap and punch of a hog model, but it's more than enough for me and is a sweet looking and sounding OO. :nice guitar:

Hi Danny, just from curiosity, have you looked at the braces in your oo yet?
A Hebrew, under the Spell
Pain is a good thing

Quote from: broKen on September 19, 2017, 10:26:44 AM
Hi Danny, just from curiosity, have you looked at the braces in your oo yet?
It was awhile ago, but I did look at the bracing. I think I've had it two years now.

Update, mine does have scalloped tone bars ie. Hybrid bracing.

Danny

Thanks for letting us know!
Treenewt

Quote from: Treenewt on September 19, 2017, 07:29:52 PM
Danny

Thanks for letting us know!
I figured it had to have the new bracing. Because I've owned a lot of small rosewood guitars that did not sound this nice.

Zohn, I can't see the pix on the forum. But from the email I went to photobucket and the scalloped tone bars are just like mine.
  Is it bracing/ tone bars? Either way, it's just like my OO-40R.

These are a couple of shots showing the "custom" features on my 00-40 Custom including the wide grained Italian Spruce top.

"To me...music exists to elevate us as far as possible above everyday life." ~ Gabriel Faure

Quote from: Danny on September 21, 2017, 07:31:53 PM
Can't see the pix at all.

Me either - I mean, neither...

:? photobucket again?
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Quote from: Danny on September 21, 2017, 07:31:53 PM
Can't see the pix at all.

Quote from: Mikeymac on September 22, 2017, 09:51:51 AM
Me either - I mean, neither...

:? photobucket again?

So I've tried again, even changed my host site to Dropbox. I managed to do the link-thing - can you guys see the shots now? (please say yes......)
"To me...music exists to elevate us as far as possible above everyday life." ~ Gabriel Faure

Imgur.com has always worked for me. . .

It's another registration and password to add to a long list, but the uploading is drag and drop and they give you many choices to link to your picture without ads and other junk.

After upload, press the Copy button for  the "BBCode (message boards & forums)" option and paste it directly to your message w/o using the Forum buttons above. . .
Larrivee OO-05 • Larrivee OOV-03 SS • Larrivee OO-44  • Taylor 322ce • Strat • Soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/jpmist

Quote from: jpmist on September 23, 2017, 08:57:38 AM
Imgur.com has always worked for me. . .

It's another registration and password to add to a long list, but the uploading is drag and drop and they give you many choices to link to your picture without ads and other junk.

After upload, press the Copy button for  the "BBCode (message boards & forums)" option and paste it directly to your message w/o using the Forum buttons above. . .

Thanks to you jpmist I seem to have the photos sorted out now.
:+1:

Quote from: Zohn on September 23, 2017, 03:12:29 PM

Good deal, glad to help a fellow OO guy! You made me go look inside mine at my bracing and they're the plain vanilla ones. I have the same rosette and herringbone which I've always been fond of, but your engraved tuners made me drool. Oh to have your guitar in the same room to play 'em back to back and hear the diff. Gas, gas, gas . . .

Pushing my luck here, but your pics are great but big. If you're able to adjust them, 600 pixels wide usually makes for a reasonable size. Here's my OO-05 beauty shot . . .

:thumbsup

Larrivee OO-05 • Larrivee OOV-03 SS • Larrivee OO-44  • Taylor 322ce • Strat • Soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/jpmist

Quote from: Zohn on September 23, 2017, 03:12:29 PM
yup, they look crisp and clear. Very pretty OO.

Quote from: Danny on September 23, 2017, 04:45:17 PM
yup, they look crisp and clear. Very pretty OO.
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Thank you all for the compliments.
Your 00-05 looks stellar jpmist....

Treenewt - did you end up getting a 00-40?

Quote from: guitarboy88 on May 10, 2018, 07:45:07 AM
Treenewt - did you end up getting a 00-40?

I have not...yet. :-)

I couldn't justify the expense right now, so I picked up a little Alvarez AP70 to keep laying around the house to play, and for my kids to play. Also, been going to the chiropractor for a work-related injury and low and behold, she's helping my shoulder, too! So for the first time in a long while I can play my D18 without pain!

Still want a 00 at some point though! GAS endures
Treenewt