Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Remember FSTPicker?  (Read 225 times)
C-10-4-me

Ignore
« on: September 03, 2017, 01:40:42 AM »

Many of you who have been around for a long time will likely remember Jeff Mayer who used the handle FSTPicker. If you remember him, you are hopefully aware that he passed away a few years ago. Jeff was not only a great guy, but a pretty good flat picker as well,and you can find some of his old videos on YouTube.

So with that out of the way, I am hoping that someone here from Florida either knew Jeff personally, or knew some of his picking buddies that you might be able to contact for me. Here's why I'm asking: a few years before Jeff passed away I bought a guitar from him, maybe off of this forum but don't hold me to that. I would like to find out if any of Jeff's children would like to have their dad's guitar back,and if they would I wish to give it to them. Now that I have retired to Florida, I can easily drive the guitar to them should I locate them. I have tried for years via the web to locate Jeff's family but have not been successful, hence my reaching out in a round about way to find them here.

If anyone can be of assistance in my quest, I would really appreciate it if you would PM me here.

Thank you,

Ron

Happily married to the woman of my dreams and looking forward to growing old together.<br />Truly,God has smiled upon this simple man.
George
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2017, 02:03:00 AM »

I did not know him, but I found two old friends I had not seen in 46 years by searching for them on Facebook, of all places...

George
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2017, 03:25:08 PM »

I did not know him, but I found two old friends I had not seen in 46 years by searching for them on Facebook, of all places...

This is what I was thinking.

Sometimes people's Facebook pages stay up long after they're deceased. You might be able to make a family connection that way.

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 D-03 w/Italian Spruce top
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak
flatlander
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2017, 07:46:49 PM »

That's a noble thing to do. I did the same exact thing when a friend of mine died. As his wife said, Kron had more kids than things. If you look hard enough you can probably find family.

10-1614 more than a number, it's body and soul.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: