Larrivee Custom P90's on Reverb

Started by igrishenko, August 30, 2017, 07:51:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just came across a set on Reverb. Apparently they aren't the Matthew standard P90's. Thoughts?

Need more info to make a comment.  What are you asking?
"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

:guitar

Apparently they have A2 and A5 magnets as opposed to their standard A6 and A8. Just curious as to what they might sound like compared to a standard Larrivee P90. I figured since I mentioned they were listed on Reverb you guys would take a look.

I  talked to Matt some time ago about this very thing.

In another very long and boring post on this P90 matter, basically I had to swap out one pick-up of his, because i didn't like the ceramic A8. (bridge position)
The personal homework Matt has done on pick-up history and design, and manufacture is HUGE.

Basically he KNOWS his stuff, done his homework and therefore ) I feel) can answer pretty concisely any specific concerns you have.

The Larrivee P90 set you are speaking of, seems to be concurrent with Matt's changes.

the only way to be sure is to contact the seller, and maybe ask the Larrivee folks, and Matt will probably get back to you.

He's good about that stuff.

"Senior" member means "old" right?
Like over 50?

Too many guitars to list here.
Too few brain cells to be bothered with...

Quote from: igrishenko on August 31, 2017, 07:46:23 AM
Apparently they have A2 and A5 magnets as opposed to their standard A6 and A8. Just curious as to what they might sound like compared to a standard Larrivee P90. I figured since I mentioned they were listed on Reverb you guys would take a look.

I realized i didn't address your question about sound.
the A8 & A6 magnets are ceramic.
although the output is decent, there is certainly a brittle sound with the A8 (bridge).
the A2 & A5's will be a much smoother/warmer response.

"Senior" member means "old" right?
Like over 50?

Too many guitars to list here.
Too few brain cells to be bothered with...