My new one-of-a-kind custom Larrivee

Started by Denis, August 25, 2017, 07:03:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

That is a beautiful, understated guitar and lovely playing!

The first pic is a bit out of focus. Can you post a clearer one so we can give it a GOTM nomination?

:nice guitar: I love the specs of this beauty Denis.
Congratulations and thank you for sharing the video - awesome playing as always!!  :+1:
"To me...music exists to elevate us as far as possible above everyday life." ~ Gabriel Faure

Quote from: JamesN on August 27, 2017, 08:08:48 AM
That is a beautiful, understated guitar and lovely playing!

The first pic is a bit out of focus. Can you post a clearer one so we can give it a GOTM nomination?

Here's some more pictures including in mid construction

Fine guitar :+1:  The specs are like a forum guitar. Like one many would order.

Quote from: Danny on August 28, 2017, 09:32:24 AM
Fine guitar :+1:  The specs are like a forum guitar. Like one many would order.

A Forum III but a full sized L instead of an LS...oh and the 40 series bracing. 

Danny, this guitar is really special

Sweet guitar!

Excellent playing too. Just love it. A 12 fret LV. I can feel the GAS pains starting... :bgrin:
1977 Classical
2015 OO-40
2017 LV-10 50th Annniversary #2/50
2021 LSV-03 Forum VI
2023 Hatfield BJG Strong Tenor low G Ukulele #003

I have not played any L40's yet. I'd sure like to.
But as far as my Forum III, I wouldn't change a thing.
      I'd like a LV-03 40R, 12 fret would be even better. I  think the 40 series bracing is possibly the best upgrade Larrivee has added.

Quote from: Danny on August 28, 2017, 05:03:50 PM
      I'd like a LV-03 40R, 12 fret would be even better. I  think the 40 series bracing is possibly the best upgrade Larrivee has added.

Actually I was thinking if I could order a second it will be the same guitar but without the cutaway, red cedar top over rosewood

Quote from: Denis on August 28, 2017, 07:17:12 PM
Actually I was thinking if I could order a second it will be the same guitar but without the cutaway, red cedar top over rosewood
Sounds very unique.

Quote from: Danny on August 28, 2017, 05:03:50 PM

Jean has really discourage me from ordering an L 40.  He says the L model has a unique sound.  So, anything else with hybrid bracing, but not an L.  I am sure he would make one on a custom order, but I do not think his heart would be in it.  JMO

Quote from: Walkerman on August 28, 2017, 07:22:04 PM
Jean has really discourage me from ordering an L 40.  He says the L model has a unique sound.  So, anything else with hybrid bracing, but not an L.  I am sure he would make one on a custom order, but I do not think his heart would be in it.  JMO
I get that feeling. My first Larrivee was a LV-03R. I learned the Larrivee sound from that one.
     Still the 40 series has a charm to it.

Quote from: Danny on August 28, 2017, 07:25:35 PM
I get that feeling. My first Larrivee was a LV-03R. I learned the Larrivee sound from that one.
     Still the 40 series has a charm to it.

I agree wholeheartedly! Really love my 40s!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

If I ever get a custom, it'll have the mosaic rosette. In fact, it wouldn't be much different than yours. Very cool guitar Denis
A Hebrew, under the Spell
Pain is a good thing

:+1:  Very very nice Dennis. Try some 80/20 strings on her as well. Some of my Larrivees like PB strings and some like 80/20 strings.
Larrivee:
P09
OM03
OMO3R
OMO5
LO2
LO3R
LO3W
LO3K

Quote from: Denis on August 28, 2017, 07:17:12 PM

:+1: I would love one of those!!! - that could well be the ultimate spec for a finger-style guitar and for gentle strumming - perhaps in Can Red Cedar/Hog though....
"To me...music exists to elevate us as far as possible above everyday life." ~ Gabriel Faure

Quote from: Zohn on September 01, 2017, 02:50:40 AM
:+1: I would love one of those!!! - that could well be the ultimate spec for a finger-style guitar and for gentle strumming - perhaps in Can Red Cedar/Hog though....

That would definitely be nice too

Denis, what are your thoughts on the 40 series bracing vs. the standard that you have had in a lot of other Larrivees?

Quote from: mattwood on September 01, 2017, 10:22:50 AM
Denis, what are your thoughts on the 40 series bracing vs. the standard that you have had in a lot of other Larrivees?

It's a bit too early to tell so far.  I've only had the guitar about 10 days and it's brand new so it's going to be a bit stiff.  I can tell you the sound is great....but that's all I can say right now.