Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Larrivee maple  (Read 447 times)
Walkerman
Gold Member

Ignore
« on: August 24, 2017, 09:17:06 PM »

Was at the shop today... saw some of the flamiest maple I have ever seen... Austrian.  Now would be a good time to jump if anyone hankers for a flamed maple Larrivee.
George
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2017, 09:26:43 PM »

Geez Steve, no pictures?  you must be slipping...

George
Walkerman
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2017, 09:44:58 PM »

Geez Steve, no pictures?  you must be slipping...

Had photobucket, have not figured our Flickr yet. Still have a couple of guitars I haven't shown yet, and another on the way.
Strings4Him
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2017, 11:33:30 PM »

Such a tease :-)
JOYCEfromNS
Admin

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2017, 02:36:14 AM »

Such a tease :-)

+1

Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)
Walkerman
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2017, 01:30:07 PM »

I have gone in a new direction with my Larrivee's ..... personalized.  Most know I had a 12 string Braz guitar made long ago with my wife as a bride inlaid.  Next, I had a recreation of the lady in the mirror inlay, but the lady looking back from the mirror was my wife.  Now I am having an all silver oak guitar .... should be light as a feather .... made with my two sons as young boys inlaid.  Now, we have a grandson .... hmm, inlaid on a parlour?
broKen
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2017, 02:02:25 PM »

I have gone in a new direction with my Larrivee's ..... personalized.  Most know I had a 12 string Braz guitar made long ago with my wife as a bride inlaid.  Next, I had a recreation of the lady in the mirror inlay, but the lady looking back from the mirror was my wife.  Now I am having an all silver oak guitar .... should be light as a feather .... made with my two sons as young boys inlaid.  Now, we have a grandson .... hmm, inlaid on a parlour?

No kidding Steve, you must like GR. That should be interesting. So do they call it silver oak there at the factory?

A Hebrew, under the Spell
Pain is a good thing
The cost of living is...life
Walkerman
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2017, 02:34:32 PM »

No kidding Steve, you must like GR. That should be interesting. So do they call it silver oak there at the factory?

Yes they do.  I fell in love with that wood with the 45th Anniversary model.  I feel lighter woods vibrate better, but I am no expert.  I just like the feel and sound, as well as appearance, of silver oak.
Strings4Him
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2017, 03:50:38 PM »

Precious heirlooms indeed!  Well done.
George
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2017, 04:06:00 PM »

Yes they do.  I fell in love with that wood with the 45th Anniversary model.  I feel lighter woods vibrate better, but I am no expert.  I just like the feel and sound, as well as appearance, of silver oak.

the best custom choice I ever made was a J60 Spruce/Silver Oak.  Light in weight, but sounds huge...

George
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2017, 06:36:31 PM »

angry GREAT and me with no money...........I LOVE MAPLE............ crying

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2017, 06:47:11 PM »

Now I am having an all silver oak guitar .... should be light as a feather .... made with my two sons as young boys inlaid.

When you say "all silver oak," do you mean the top as well? If so, I'm interested in your review of that when it arrives.

I have a C-10 with silver oak b/s & Italian Spruce top - it's in the shop for a set up - will get it back next Wednesday - can't wait!  They are indeed very light and resonant and have a tone all their own - in a good way.

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 D-03 w/Italian Spruce top
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak
Walkerman
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2017, 06:51:04 PM »

When you say "all silver oak," do you mean the top as well? If so, I'm interested in your review of that when it arrives.

I have a C-10 with silver oak b/s & Italian Spruce top - it's in the shop for a set up - will get it back next Wednesday - can't wait!  They are indeed very light and resonant and have a tone all their own - in a good way.

I was looking at some of the silver oak with Jean and I said I wondered what an all oak ..b/s and top... would sound like.  He smiled and said only one way to find out.  He cast the bait, and I bit.  I will never learn to keep my hands in my pockets when Jean says he has some nice wood to show me.
George
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2017, 07:06:53 PM »

I was looking at some of the silver oak with Jean and I said I wondered what an all oak ..b/s and top... would sound like.  He smiled and said only one way to find out.  He cast the bait, and I bit.  I will never learn to keep my hands in my pockets when Jean says he has some nice wood to show me.

Jean is a master at picking out wood, as you already know from your own experiences.  He picked out the wood for my J60-SO when I ordered it and my dealer sent me a pic before it had even been started...  Silver Oak is now one of my very favorite tonewoods.  Sounds great with silky spruce on top and, because it has such wonderful tone qualities in itself, I am willing to bet it will sound great as a top wood as well.  P. S.  I have a Lacewood topped chambered tele and it rings out a musical note when you tap the top...

George
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2017, 11:35:05 PM »

Now I'm all ears (and eyes...)  drool

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 D-03 w/Italian Spruce top
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: