Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: custom Larrivee acoustic  (Read 438 times)
nak

Ignore
« on: August 27, 2017, 03:50:48 PM »

Hi all,
After reading recent posts about members receiving their custom orders, I was curious  to see what the cost would be to order one.  I visited the Larrivee custom site.  They listed all the options, but no base price.  So I emailed support to inquire about the base price.  First response back was there is a base price according to the style of acoustic ordered. So I asked what the base price would be for a om03 and L03. They sent me the link for the retail prices. Is this correct?
Just wondering

Denis
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2017, 03:55:06 PM »

Yes, that's how they do customs.  I wanted an LV-03 with some specific items.  They have to start somewhere.  They don't charge you full retail though.  It's best for you to go through a dealer. John Jr asked me if I wanted to be a Larrivee artist so I got "artist prices".  Regardless, if you know what you want, it's a great way to get it. 

B0WIE
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2017, 04:04:53 PM »

Yes, it's expensive. However, if you go through a Larrivee dealer, they might give you a discount on a custom order. I was given a quote that was far cheaper than the sticker price on a custom. However, it was still a thousand more than a similar standard production model so I passed.

D-02-12
Used to own and love; SD-50, J70 maple Mermaid, SD60sbt, D03R, LV03E.
nak

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2017, 05:18:32 PM »

Denis and Bowie,
Thanks for your response. It just seems out of line from the prices that retailers are advertising the other than normal or special edition guitars.
Rockysdad

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2017, 07:02:41 PM »

Just in case,...... There are dealers with "custom" orders in stock, you might check a few of those sites, may have what you want, Wildwood Music, Dave's Woodstock music,  are two, one of them has some nice customs. There are a number of them out there, just requires some digging.
 Hope this helps.

L-10 my fav.
& "others"
AZLiberty
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2017, 07:48:17 PM »

Look, it's no different that Martin or any other Larger manufacturer.

The Factory is going to quote you a ridiculous made up "MSRP" price, then each change incurs an upcharge.   Go play with Martin's "Custom Configurator" where adding a strap button increases the cost by $60.

The real way you do it is to call up a dealer who actually has experience with ordering customs, explain exactly what you want, and have the dealer price it out for you.  You also want to get the exact specs in writing prior to authorizing the build.

OM-03RE,
D-03R-12,
Parlor
LS-03 Forum-III #34 (IS/MH)

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/markhorning
George
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2017, 09:48:28 PM »

I agree, you should only try to get a custom through a dealer.  I have several, and the best way to order one is through a dealer where you will get the best price.

George
nak

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2017, 11:08:34 PM »

Rockysdad, AZLiberty and George,
Thank you very much for your input. I'll contact a dealer and get a quote.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: