Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1982 Larrivee L09 JCL Headstock for sale  (Read 846 times)
PapaBB

Ignore
« on: August 14, 2017, 10:16:02 PM »

Don't know why I feel compelled to write something to explain why I'm selling this beauty. Suffice to say, it pains me to let this go, but I have to. I also feel I need to offer it here first. This is an instrument that deserves to be in the hands of someone who will appreciate it and play the dickens out of it! I'm hoping it finds a new home with one of the many Larrivee lovers here. 

I sent the serial number to Larrivee and as far as they can tell, it was built between 1982-83 in Victoria, before the fire destroyed their records and everything else. 

It is in pristine condition. The woods are beautiful...from the beautiful grain pattern on the spruce top to the stunning depth of the East Indian Rosewood on the back and sides. The inlaid JCL on the headstock is understated, yet elegant...just like the guitar. Everything is stock as it came from the factory 35 years ago.

There is a bit of duct tape wrapped around the handle on the case. It cracked a few years ago and since the duct tape held, I never got around to fixing it! Other than that, the original case is in good condition.

To be honest, this guitar has yet to really be broken in. As good as it sounds now, once it really opens up, look out! I also want to stress string gauge. While it sounds splendid with light strings, a set of mediums takes this baby to a whole new realm in the tonal universe! It's quite amazing to me what a difference mediums make.   

I have a tendency to yak and keep yaking when talking about this guitar, so however hard, I'll try to keep the hyperbole at a minimum! It's a perfectly balanced instrument from string to string, yet lacks nothing in terms of bass response, complex mids or high end shimmer. Finger picked, flat picked or strummed, the tone is lush, defined and detailed. When strummed hard, the volume just keeps on coming....with little to no top compression. It will (easily) hang with a dread volume wise. It also records beautifully. I've done two recordings with it (first was adding acoustic parts, fills and solo on three songs, second was helping a buddy and played on all songs using standard tuning, DADGAD, open D and double dropped D) and each time, the one doing the recording/production commented on how nice it recorded and how (with minimal eq'ing) perfectly it sat in the mix.

For Larrivee forum members, I'm asking $1,500 (plus actual shipping costs from 98003 and paypal fees) for this 35 year old beauty. I'll take new pictures to show the wood in more detail.

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.
Aldous Huxley
Dustinfurlow

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2017, 11:07:18 PM »

Pm sent, sir.

Dustin Furlow

Larrivee L-09 (Italian/Madagascar)
Beneteau M Cutaway (Carpathian/Ebony)

Fingerstyle and original tunes on my YouTube channel:
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCw7w0i3AF8xTuN6iYB-gCkw
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2017, 05:00:58 PM »

Sold or still available?

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 D-03 w/Italian Spruce top
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak
willynelson13

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2017, 10:18:33 PM »

Sold or still available?

Looks like it is up for sale on Craigslist still. The ad indicates it the ad is up, the guitar is available. So I guess it is still available.

https://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/msg/d/1982-larrivee-09-acoustic/6271701931.html

PapaBB

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2017, 04:57:00 PM »

Sorry! Still available!

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.
Aldous Huxley
PapaBB

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2017, 03:43:55 PM »

Great guitar here. If interested, contact me and I'll make you a great deal.

Aldous Huxley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: