RS2 Physical Balance

Started by Guitarman123, August 10, 2017, 02:02:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hi,

I am looking for info on the physical balance of an RS2.  Is it top or bottom heavy, does it dive bomb?  While seated is it evenly balanced on the knee? Thanks much.

In my experience they are a very well balanced guitar.  If anything, maybe a bit heavier on the bottom, but none of mine are neck heavy...
George

Quote from: George on August 10, 2017, 02:03:50 PM
In my experience they are a very well balanced guitar.  If anything, maybe a bit heavier on the bottom, but none of mine are neck heavy...
:+1:
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

I gagged my RS2 for nearly 4 years. It's a very balanced guitar. Never noticed any neck or bod dives, sitting or standing.
Kenny

Quote: "You know, all things considered, we are very, very lucky to have all that we do, an embarrassment of riches, actually."

Quote from: Guitarman123 on August 10, 2017, 02:02:00 PM
Hi,

I am looking for info on the physical balance of an RS2.  Is it top or bottom heavy, does it dive bomb?  While seated is it evenly balanced on the knee? Thanks much.

Definitely not top heavy when standing or sitting. When sitting, the smaller curve for your knee will still hold the guitar steady so long as you also fit the upper body cut to the right side of your body to keep it from swimming around a bit. Or wear a strap even when sitting. My 1983 (very) pointy Larrivee has a very long lower body line that sits better on my knee. Both guitars are very balanced however.
Peter
Larrivee L-09
Larrivee RS-2 2010
Larrivee RS-4 1983 "Explorer"