ACUS 6T Acoustic Amp.

Started by obe-wan, August 09, 2017, 01:39:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

G'day folks,
A mate and myself are gearing up to hit a few open mics, him on guitar and vocals and myself guitar, mandolin, harmonica and vocals. So I've been auditioning acoustic amps of late and came across ACUS amps. The story goes the head of Schertler Amplification split and started up this company.
It bares a strong resemblance to the Schertlers, I believe recently the Schertlers are being made in Italy, as are the ACUS.... probably the same plant me thinks.

Nothing fancy, 3 channels, 130w, 3 band EQ, gain, volume and reverb. Speaker stand mountable, RCA ins and outs and an XLR out. Just a nice simple organic sounding amp that reproduces the sound of your guitar.
Anyway, the amps are great. You know those amps that you set everything flat, plug in, start playing and its just "wow" from the get-go?
This is it. I'll be taking delivery of the ACUS 6T on friday.

Stay tuned....
Martin OM-21. 
Martin HD-28e
Sigma SDM-18
Schertler David.

Victoria, Australia.

I have never seen an Acus here in Canada. Anyone else  :?  Seems like as you indicate a lot of similarity to the Schertler Jam 100 which are not that common here either tho you see em once in a while.

How's it compare in price to the Schertler Jam 100  :?
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Quote from: JOYCEfromNS on August 09, 2017, 11:22:58 AM
I have never seen an Acus here in Canada. Anyone else  :?  Seems like as you indicate a lot of similarity to the Schertler Jam 100 which are not that common here either tho you see em once in a while.

How's it compare in price to the Schertler Jam 100  :?

G'day mate, similar money. The top control panel is near identical. I think they're basically the same amp save the power difference. Auditioned the Schertlers at the same time as the Acus and sonically they're the same.

Cheers, Scott.
Martin OM-21. 
Martin HD-28e
Sigma SDM-18
Schertler David.

Victoria, Australia.

Acus Amps are quite common here in Europe. They are slightly cheaper than Schertlers, and they have the image to be a very good alternative. Same image, but in fact really cheaper are amps of SR Technlogy, also made in Italy and official part of Schertler, somehow the "budget line" of Schertler. You will find nearly every Schertler model also from SR, about 25 to 40 % cheaper. It is said that they are not worse, which I cannot confirm because I never played one.

I own an old Schertler Unico (the first model with 4 Channels), solid as a rock!
Maybe I am romantic ( :winkin:): but I myself would not trade it for any Acus oder SR. Only a Schertler is a real Schertler!
Larrivee OM 50 Traditional Series
K.Yairi YW 1000
Johnson JM994
Regal RD 40
Johnson JM 998
Haar Relic '52 Tele

I have a Schertler Jam 150.  I find they sound more realistic if you use them with an outboard mixer and send the mixer outputs into the xlr channels on the amp...  JMO
George