Flckr

Started by Walkerman, August 07, 2017, 10:33:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Can anyone school me on using flckr?

What do you need help with specifically?  

Uploading pictures is at the top of the page.  As you upload you can set the rights, and the visibility: Private (only visible to you), your friends, your family.  And also if it's publicly searchable.  

I assume you might want to use Flickr as a hosting site to post pictures here?  If so, you can set the images to private (if you're so inclined) and still do that.

To share the image to this site click on the photo; you should get to a page that has the photo and some info about it, there will be some icons with different options of ways you can edit, share or download the image (for me these are below the image to the right).  Click on the share icon which is an arrow pointing right.  Under that dialogue box there are options for Share, Embed, Email and BBC Code.  

Copy out the BBC Code info directly into the forum as is with no other coding work and you get:

2015-07-04 09.35.21 by BB, on Flickr

You can set the image size to make the image appear different sizes in the forum.  

I used to be able to grab a link and use the insert image coding through this forum but can't seem to see how to do that now
L-03WL (A Hunt for Spruce) with K&K Pure Mini
RS2 with humbuckers

Tried, but it only posts the link, and not the picture.  What am i doing wrong?

Quote from: Walkerman on August 29, 2017, 01:30:03 PM
Tried, but it only posts the link, and not the picture.  What am i doing wrong?

When you clicked share, did you select the BBCode tab at the top? 

That should grab the code to make it display like an image
RS2 with humbuckers

I do not get that page.  I get one that says share, and then has icons for Facebook, twitter, pinterest and tumbler.  No BBC code
Don't know if I have something set wrong.  I am in camera roll.

Does it look like this?  click for bigger. 

Does it have the 4 things across the top that say share, embed, email BBCode? 

If not how are you getting to the share info?  Clicking on the photo from the photostream? like I show in image 1 uploaded in the last message?
RS2 with humbuckers

Ok,

Can't get those options through camera roll.  Need to go to Photostream then click the photo.  Not sure why...
RS2 with humbuckers

Looks like there may be one more way to do it from this tutorial.  https://help.yahoo.com/kb/flickr/sln7319.html

Click a photo to open it.
   Click the Download icon Click to download and image to Flickr..
   Click View all sizes.
   Click on the size you want to see.
   Right-click the image.
   Select Copy Image Location or Copy Image URL (text may vary per browser).

In my case firefox said Copy Image Location

Click on the insert image icon here on the forum which gives you the img code (i can't type it because it thinks it's code, let me know if anyone doesn't know what this is) and paste the link that's copied between the ][

Which gives us this...

RS2 with humbuckers

DSC_1017 by , on Flickr

yee haw .... thank you everyone, esp scrambler

Quote from: Walkerman on August 29, 2017, 02:19:59 PM
DSC_1017 by steve reich, on Flickr

yee haw .... thank you everyone, esp scrambler

Looking good.  The only thing about this way is it gives your flickr real name.  You can pull that from the code as you paste it, or see the tutorial I pasted above regarding the download method to grab the link which doesn't direct people back to your flickr page directly if you're more of the secretive type. 
RS2 with humbuckers

Love that fretboard inlay. :thumb
1977 Classical
2015 OO-40
2017 LV-10 50th Annniversary #2/50
2021 LSV-03 Forum VI
2023 Hatfield BJG Strong Tenor low G Ukulele #003