Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Larrivee laminated guitar  (Read 1106 times)
mike in lytle

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2017, 11:55:14 PM »

Oh wow......sorry man I didn't realize I was talking to Larrivee.
That is cool.
Anyway I appreciate the input from everyone, it was just frustrating to finally get a Larrivee and not know anything about the guitar.
If nothing else the whole thing makes for a good story to tell (definitely NOT to my wife though) she just doesn't get it.

I think Danny was quoting a previous post from J M Larrivee in this thread.
You are lucky to get a Larrivee we know little about. How rare.
There ARE Larrivee gems out there. Maybe not all diamonds, but nice gems, none the less.
Mike
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2017, 01:33:10 PM »

If nothing else the whole thing makes for a good story to tell (definitely NOT to my wife though) she just doesn't get it.

Aahhh - like many of us, you're a member of THAT club!   whistling

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 D-03 w/Italian Spruce top
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak
webberink

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2017, 06:24:04 PM »

Laminate back and sides eh? Like many here, I am a solid wood fanatic.  That being said, when it comes to steel string acoustics, some times that fanaticism seems a little fickle.  I once owned a Yamaki dreadnought with laminate mahogany back and sides and a solid cedar top that was amazing.  It was my main road guitar from the 70s through to the mid 90s and I played the snot out of it and loved it.  Tone wise it put many expensive solid wood guitars to shame.  Dollar wise it was low.  But playing wise it was almost irreplaceable. I guess it all boils down to what is really important to us.  I finally gave that guitar away to a young friend who was just starting out.  I would like to have that guitar back now.
Dave

I love those older Canadian made Larrivees!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: