Every time I come here

Started by unclrob, August 01, 2017, 11:09:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stay outta my lake too!   :tongue:

Quote from: ducktrapper on August 04, 2017, 07:42:12 AM
Stay outta my lake too!   :tongue:

Okay, okay, we will stay off your lawn, and outta your lake too!
Can we walk up your sidewalk if we call first? :cheers
Mike
Larrivee OM-03, OM-03 laurel, OM-50, L-03 laurel, LSV-03 walnut (Forum VI)

Quote from: mike in lytle on August 04, 2017, 08:50:15 AM
Okay, okay, we will stay off your lawn, and outta your lake too!
Can we walk up your sidewalk if we call first? :cheers
Mike

Sure but we don't have any sidewalks out here. You can kick stones up the dirt road. Hey! What's that in my sky? 

Quote from: ducktrapper on August 04, 2017, 08:39:47 PM
Sure but we don't have any sidewalks out here. You can kick stones up the dirt road. Hey! What's that in my sky? 

(Duck may be unavailable for awhile.....)

Quote from: mike in lytle on August 03, 2017, 07:40:20 PM
:donut :donut2 :coffee
I have a dog that comes into and sits in the room when I play, it's cool.
You joined this group a few months before me, so you are used to the drama, which isn't actually drama, just day to day stuff, maybe you agree.
Hang in there. It is not like you are alone. Many of us are older, with attending issues.
Mike
Thanks, Mike. I've been shot at, and had a parachute malfunction do I don't stress over much anymore.

But nothing prepared me to hear a doctor tell me that my 24 year old had cancer. The great news is that we caught it really early, and aggressive chemotherapy did the trick. Pronounced cancer free two weeks ago!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Remember when the music came from wooden boxes strung with silver wires...

OM-40 SB
Forum VI - LS-03 Moonwood/Walnut
Seagull S6

Quote from: Hooked on August 05, 2017, 06:26:05 PM
But nothing prepared me to hear a doctor tell me that my 24 year old had cancer. The great news is that we caught it really early, and aggressive chemotherapy did the trick. Pronounced cancer free two weeks ago!
And that is good news and we hope the improvement is permanent!
MIke

I've been busy with work and sulking in the corner about an injury that has taken the guitar out of my hands for the moment.   But I'm working on it.  Back to playing violin and two-fingered bass.  This past week I've started playing classical guitar exercises again.  It's slow, but getting there.  Steel strings are going to be a challenge.  Nice to see some of you are still around.
2010 LSV-11e
2002 4E Jose Ramirez
1998 S6+folk Seagull
1986 Charvel Model 3A
2001 Fender Jazz bass
1935 A-OO Gibson mandolin
1815 JG Hamm violin

Quote from: Paraclete on August 05, 2017, 10:45:41 PM
I've been busy with work and sulking in the corner about an injury that has taken the guitar out of my hands for the moment.   But I'm working on it.  Back to playing violin and two-fingered bass.  This past week I've started playing classical guitar exercises again.  It's slow, but getting there.  Steel strings are going to be a challenge.  Nice to see some of you are still around.
Glad you can enjoy playing some of your instruments.
   About nine years ago, when both of my hands where messed up and I couldn't even play with a pick. I couldn't stand seeing that pretty LSV-11 just hanging on the wall.
    So I took it down and played it finger style. It turned out that I came up with the best melody I've ever wrote.
     Glad to see LSV-11e in your list.

I haven't figured out Flickr yet, so I am saving pictures.  Otherwise, it is summer so we travel a lot.  Already did western national
Parks and a Viking river cruise from Amsterdam to Budapest.  Alphabetically, Amsterdam to Zion ....

Quote from: Walkerman on August 10, 2017, 09:28:15 AM
I haven't figured out Flickr yet, so I am saving pictures.  Otherwise, it is summer so we travel a lot.  Already did western national
Parks and a Viking river cruise from Amsterdam to Budapest.  Alphabetically, Amsterdam to Zion ....

Zion caught my attention, then I remembered,,,in Utah isn't it?
A Hebrew, under the Spell
Pain is a good thing

Quote from: broKen on August 11, 2017, 11:25:21 AM
Zion caught my attention, then I remembered,,,in Utah isn't it?

Yes, one of the western national parks .....next to Bryce Canyon.

Quote from: Walkerman on August 11, 2017, 05:12:00 PM
Yes, one of the western national parks .....next to Bryce Canyon.
:donut :donut2 :coffee
And can you confirm a 30 year old memory...
In Zion you are mainly looking up, and in Bryce you are mainly looking down?
The hoodoos looked silver under a full moon.
I camped out on a picnic table at Bryce in September. Very cold.
Mike

Hey, Barefoot Rob:

Guilty as charged.  I have had some health issues and when I feel good enough I go for my guitars more and more.  But, this is probably my go to brand guitar forum (i.e. - not the AGF or Harmony) - it has probably the most activity and a very credible exchange of information and gladly shared.  This, in and of itself, is priceless.  I am sorry may I have another.  I promise Master Barefoot Bob that I will do better.

On another note, UNCLE ROB!  I wondered wherever you went.  Good to hear from you.

And yet another note, I would like to PM you for an unbiased, unaccountable (for you), personal opinion.  Would this be possible?

:wave :donut :coffee :thumb
Bino

Guild Mahogany Sunburst Dreadnought D40 (2019)
Guild Maple Dreadnought D30 (2001)
Morgan OMM Mahogany OM (2003)
Morgan OMR Rosewood OM (2018)
Larrivee Mahogany L-Model L-05 (2008)
Larrivee Rosewood Dreadnought D-03R (2011) For Sale
Andrew White Cybele 110 (2018)

Quote from: bino on August 12, 2017, 12:41:15 AM

And yet another note, I would like to PM you for an unbiased, unaccountable (for you), personal opinion.  Would this be possible?

:wave :donut :coffee :thumb

PM me any time. :beer

I changed my sign. as about 6 years ago my duo partner decided that I would me known as Barefoot Rob hench fourth.
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help