Every time I come here

Started by unclrob, August 01, 2017, 11:09:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

it seem I'm the only member logged in and nothin new posted.So I go to who's on line and anywhere from 12 to 57 guest.So I'm wondering do any members just come in as guest or ..........

I haven't posted many new topics because I would get kicked off most likely.

SOOOOOOOO WHAT'S up........anything?I'm not buying any new guitars as I have no money and I'm really just happy playing my Anderson and don't really need any more though I did hijack an OM03Blackwood as a backup 6 string.I'm using Elixer strings as I change at least 3 guitars a dayand hate changing strings,plus I'm a lazy.

I'm really not learning anything except for gig stuff though I've been perfecting my versions of Little Martha.4+20,Don't let it bring you down and a couple more so I can play them at the duo's gigs.
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Hi unclrob.
I don't suppose there's any chance you could post a recording of above, aforementioned "Little Martha.4+20,Don't let it bring you down and a couple more"

I have noticed the same quiet environment from time to time too Rob.  The only thing happening with me right now is the laborious wait for the arrival of a 2008 D-10 Brazilian from some New Old Stock my dealer located at the factory...  Nothing more difficult than the waiting...  Hopefully this one will be my "Dream Guitar".  Pics to come when it finally arrives...
George

Unclerob (or whatever you are going by now), I will give you one answer to why no one logs in or chats on this forum. Basically, the people on it are not welcoming to new people or plain ugly to fellow forum users. I was treated badly, cursed at, and generally made unwelcome. I look in occasionally because I love my Larrivees, but I only participate where I can feel welcome.

Quote from: George on August 02, 2017, 08:08:38 AM
I have noticed the same quiet environment from time to time too Rob.  The only thing happening with me right now is the laborious wait for the arrival of a 2008 D-10 Brazilian from some New Old Stock my dealer located at the factory...  Nothing more difficult than the waiting...  Hopefully this one will be my "Dream Guitar".  Pics to come when it finally arrives...

I figured there was something coming, I've seen a few up for sale. Hope your dream becomes real.
A Hebrew, under the Spell
Pain is a good thing

Quote from: Barefoot Rob on August 01, 2017, 11:09:22 PM
it seem I'm the only member logged in and nothin new posted.So I go to who's on line and anywhere from 12 to 57 guest.So I'm wondering do any members just come in as guest or ..........
:donut :donut2 :coffee
I log on several times a day, cause I have to do that to see pictures.
Not much to post, except I have been experimenting with Martin monel retros, so far, so good.
MIke
Larrivee OM-03, OM-03 laurel, OM-50, L-03 laurel, LSV-03 walnut (Forum VI)

Quote from: George on August 02, 2017, 08:08:38 AM

Nice find George!  I predict it will become your dream guitar.  My 1998 Brazilian D10 Flying Eagle is amazing.  It was a limited custom run that has a 1 3/4"
nut width, which is perfect for me since I do a lot of finger style.  The reverb, glassy tone of the Brazilian is incredible.
Look forward to your pictures and review.    :nanadance
https://soundcloud.com/247hoopsfan

1971 Yamaha FG200 (My original guitar)
1996 Yamaha DW5S
2002 Yamaha LL500
1990 Goodall Rosewood Standard
2007 Larrrivee JCL 40th Anniversary
1998 Larrivee OM5MT
1998 Larrivee D10 Brazilian "Flying Eagle"
1998 Larrivee D09 Brazilian "Flying Eagle"

Quote from: Queequeg on August 02, 2017, 07:58:41 AM
Hi unclrob.
I don't suppose there's any chance you could post a recording of above, aforementioned "Little Martha.4+20,Don't let it bring you down and a couple more"

I'm working on getting a friend to come by and do a video.

Quote from: nctom on August 02, 2017, 08:59:31 AM
Unclerob (or whatever you are going by now), I will give you one answer to why no one logs in or chats on this forum. Basically, the people on it are not welcoming to new people or plain ugly to fellow forum users. I was treated badly, cursed at, and generally made unwelcome. I look in occasionally because I love my Larrivees, but I only participate where I can feel welcome.

I've been bad about posting welcome's myself.As for being treated badly I've been there done that but I keep on coming here and posting my thoughts.Tried to leave a couple of time's but was always told to just stay so here I am.
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Quote from: 247hoopsfan on August 02, 2017, 10:14:03 AM
Nice find George!  I predict it will become your dream guitar.  My 1998 Brazilian D10 Flying Eagle is amazing.  It was a limited custom run that has a 1 3/4"
nut width, which is perfect for me since I do a lot of finger style.  The reverb, glassy tone of the Brazilian is incredible.
Look forward to your pictures and review.    :nanadance

I certainly hope you are right too!  BTW, it was your D-10 BZ and its wonderful sound that got me searching for one in the first place....  I never miss an opportunity to listen to your Soundcloud posts.
George

It's summer.  Lots of folks are busy doing outdoor (i.e. not online) stuff.

The world is a mess and many folks don't want to risk a boot by commenting on it.

I've been busy doing a kitchen renovation and not playing much, hence not much guitar related stuff to say.  And, now I'll be out of town for a couple weeks for vacation type activities.

Many topics seem to be age old...  what strings, what picks, what woods...

A few weeks, and things will pick up.

Ed

:+1:

Yup.  Summer stuff.  Gardening, visits from kids and grandkids, while trying to build an acoustic guitar in the garage.  Posting to the forum seems to get a lower priority.
"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

:guitar

I think if there were some exciting/interesting new Larrivee models (or model variations - wood, trim, etc.) coming out, that would stir up some conversation. The most recent was the 50th Anniversary model, and, while it looks like a wonderful guitar, it's out of reach for many of us. That's not a bad thing, just reality. But Larrivee hasn't done much to shake things up lately, so there's little to talk about, unless you've just purchased something.

Another Forum Guitar would do the same thing, but there hasn't been a "meeting of the minds" lately on specs that a bunch of folks would pay money for, so it's not happening. I think, the way things are right now (see next paragraph), Larrivee would welcome another forum build, even if it were only  12-15 guitars.

There were some articles recently that were commented on at several guitar related forums about how the guitar market is dying... While it's not dead, I think there is a trend that lots of baby boomers are getting older, and buying less guitars, or even down-sizing and trying to sell off collections. That trend doesn't lead to as much exciting chatter online ("look what I just sold! now I have one less guitar!").

I do think Larrivee needs to "shake it up" a little with some new stuff, and if there are going to be some electrics coming back, that might help. But it is an interesting time in the guitar world.  While I keep seeing stuff that interests and tempts me, I'm much slower to make a new purchase than I used to be. And I really need to sell several guitars - acoustic and electric. (Having said that, there is a Larrivee that's tempting me a little right now; but again, I'm taking it slow...).
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Quote from: Mikeymac on August 03, 2017, 09:53:44 AM
I think if there were some exciting/interesting new Larrivee models (or model variations - wood, trim, etc.) coming out, that would stir up some conversation.

Another Forum Guitar would do the same thing, but there hasn't been a "meeting of the minds" lately on specs that a bunch of folks would pay money for

I do think Larrivee needs to "shake it up" a little with some new stuff,

Well, not sure what time frame we are talking about....
But.... in less than one year ago, I played....
The L-40R and L-40M
The L-03 flamed maple
The OM-03 indian laurel
I also think the moonwood tops are interesting. Guitar Tex had a D-40M w/moonwood that I tried. It was nice. It disappeared quick. I never got to play the L-40M w/moonwood. Gone by the time I got there.

A forum guitar would be interesting, but mostly for the forum I think, maybe not the world at large.
As far as impact goes, can't argue with the Group of Seven project.

So I think we are in good shape.
Mike

This forum has been considered to be one of the friendliest guitar forums. I guess at times we can be old grumpy folks. But I hope that's the exception.

I've always noticed more "guests" logged in. I think some are members just reading posts, as are the true guests. There is a lot of information here.

Junior member (in guitar playing years) here, but I check in around here every few days to discover nuggets of wisdom, pictures of :nice guitar:s, a laugh, maybe a chance to pick up a good conversation thread. But yeah, summer, some serious health issues in the family (not mine - worse, wife and son) have distracted me a bit.

I hope to live long enough so that someone besides my dog will actually come sit in the room to listen to me play!

:beer
Remember when the music came from wooden boxes strung with silver wires...

OM-40 SB
Forum VI - LS-03 Moonwood/Walnut
Seagull S6

Quote from: Hooked on August 03, 2017, 07:07:52 PM
Junior member (in guitar playing years) here, but I check in around here every few days to discover nuggets of wisdom, pictures of :nice guitar:s, a laugh, maybe a chance to pick up a good conversation thread. But yeah, summer, some serious health issues in the family (not mine - worse, wife and son) have distracted me a bit.

I hope to live long enough so that someone besides my dog will actually come sit in the room to listen to me play!
I have a dog that comes into and sits in the room when I play, it's cool.
You joined this group a few months before me, so you are used to the drama, which isn't actually drama, just day to day stuff, maybe you agree.
Hang in there. It is not like you are alone. Many of us are older, with attending issues.
Mike

Quote from: ducktrapper on August 03, 2017, 07:31:12 PM
Hey! Get off my lawn! 
It is safe to disregard this post.
Duck doesn't mean it, he actually loves to have dogs, chickens, eagles, and seagulls visit his yard.
Mike

Quote from: mike in lytle on August 03, 2017, 07:48:40 PM
It is safe to disregard this post.
Duck doesn't mean it, he actually loves to have dogs, chickens, eagles, and seagulls visit his yard.
Mike
Sorry Mike, duck means it. He values his lawn, almost as much as his guitars.

Quote from: Danny on August 03, 2017, 09:34:04 PM
Sorry Mike, duck means it. He values his lawn, almost as much as his guitars.
Well, guess we will just have to stay off Duck's lawn.
Duck is welcome to come on down and walk all over my lawn, barefoot.
Lay down and roll in the grass too. We can call 911 whenever.
Mike