Endpin Size

Started by Skip Ellis, July 22, 2017, 03:16:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

It seems I heard a comment on here or some other forum awhile back that Larrivee's end pin is oversized and uses a 1/2" hole - can anyone confirm this? I'll be putting a JJB 330 pickup system in my new 000-40r that s coming next week and that would really make things a lot simpler. I've enlarged lots of end pin holes over the years and it doesn't scare me but this would make it simpler, if true.

Yeah, it's true. They are ready for a pickup jack.. 1/2" hole
A Hebrew, under the Spell
Pain is a good thing

broKen - thanks!! You made my day!!

Depends on the age.

Newer ones have a 1/2 hole and a 2-piece endpin, just unscrews and you can drop in an endjack for a pickup with no drilling at all.

Older ones actually used a strap button instead of an endpin.   Not sure when they changed but it was a few years back, maybe 8 or so years ago?

Quote from: Skip Ellis on July 22, 2017, 03:16:43 PM
It seems I heard a comment on here or some other forum awhile back that Larrivee's end pin is oversized and uses a 1/2" hole - can anyone confirm this? I'll be putting a JJB 330 pickup system in my new 000-40r that s coming next week and that would really make things a lot simpler. I've enlarged lots of end pin holes over the years and it doesn't scare me but this would make it simpler, if true.

Vancouver built guitars were drilled out at 15/32". Currently, all California guitars are drilled out at 1/2".  Either of them will be fine.

Larrivée

Quote from: J M Larrivée on July 23, 2017, 01:10:15 PM
Vancouver built guitars were drilled out at 15/32". Currently, all California guitars are drilled out at 1/2".  Either of them will be fine.

Larrivée

John, two of my Vancouver built guitars have a simple strap button at the end block with the exception of my O-01 parlor which does not even have that.   (I of course blame Matt for that.   :humour:  )

OM-03 from 1998:

My Forum-III is drilled through with the 2-piece insert.

Do you know what year Vancouver switched to the new design?

My 2000 D-02 only has strap button as well. The O-01MH is just a small screw hole.
The Forum III and OO-40R have the two piece end pin. One of those will get the K&K pure mini that I have on the bench. Just can't decide which one.