Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sitka vs Moonwood (European Spruce)  (Read 1129 times)
George
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2017, 02:43:30 PM »

I'm assuming when you order the moonwood top option today, the bracings aren't moonwood also? Yeah, I saw that "hunt for spruce" video, that's really awesome!

I believe that Moonwood tops today come standard with Moonwood bracing.  If I am incorrect about this, please correct my assumption.  Walkerman is right about how white they are and I keep mine in their cases too.  European/Alpine/Moonwood tops are softer than most Sitka and dent pretty easily.  I can attest to this having accidentally dented my Alpine spruce.  I was initially heartbroken, but you can barely see it and I finally decided to accept that it just added character to the guitar...

George
Bazyliszek

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2017, 02:48:59 PM »

I believe that Moonwood tops today come standard with Moonwood bracing.  If I am incorrect about this, please correct my assumption.  Walkerman is right about how white they are and I keep mine in their cases too.  European/Alpine/Moonwood tops are softer than most Sitka and dent pretty easily.  I can attest to this having accidentally dented my Alpine spruce.  I was initially heartbroken, but you can barely see it and I finally decided to accept that it just added character to the guitar...

Do you have satin or gloss coating?
George
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2017, 05:10:53 PM »

Do you have satin or gloss coating?

All three are satin.

George
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: